- The tongues of London high society gossips begin to wag when John Harmon --a young man whose inheritance depended on his marrying a woman he had never met-- is found dead in the River Thames. The fortune passes into the hands of the working-class Boffins, who take into their new home both Bella Wilfer (Harmon’s would-be bride), and a mysterious secretary known as Rokesmith. Meanwhile, Lizzie Hexam,...
Cena: 23,65 zł
- Family Island. Tu nauka staje się przygodą! Zapraszamy na wyprawę do świata Our Discovery Island, która zainspiruje uczniów do nauki języka angielskiego! Na wyspie Family Island, gdzie toczy się akcja pierwszego poziomu kursu, uczniowie pierwszej klasy znajdą: - niezwykłych, wesołych i przyjaznych bohaterów - fascynujące historie i zagadki dla małych odkrywców - ciekawe fakty kulturowe i przyrodnicze -...
Cena: 46,46 zł
- Former Prime Minister and the country’s longest-serving Chancellor, Gordon Brown has been a guiding force for Britain and the world over three decades. This is his candid, poignant and deeply relevant story. In describing his upbringing in Scotland as the son of a minister, the near loss of his eyesight as a student and the death of his daughter within days of her birth, he shares the passionately-held...
Cena: 48,83 zł
- The brain creates every feeling, emotion and desire we experience, and stores every one of our memories. And yet, until very recently, scientists believed our brains were fully developed in childhood. Now, thanks to imaging technology that enables us to look inside the living human brain at all ages, we know that this isn't so - that the brain goes on developing and changing right through adolescence...
Cena: 53,87 zł
- Rao Pingru was a twenty-six-year-old soldier when he first saw the beautiful Mao Meitang. One glimpse of her through a window as she put on lipstick was enough to capture Pingru’s heart. It was a moment that sparked a union that would last almost sixty years. But when Meitang passed away in 2008, Pingru realised that their marriage and all the small moments and memories of a life together, would be...
Cena: 122,20 zł
- 'Moriarty [tackles] uncomfortable and painful subjects, weaving them into compelling thought-provoking stories ... heartfelt and deeply moving' Irish Independent The new novel from the Richard and Judy Book Club author and Number One Bestseller! When her children are offered a scholarship to a prestigious school Lucy Murphy is ecstatic. Her plan for a glittering future ended when she became pregnant....
Cena: 40,36 zł
- It is not unusual for people in countries with limited job opportunities and economic resources to want to seek a better life in different lands. This is especially so for those who come from countries where they are treated poorly, discriminated against, or worse. But moving from one country to another in large numbers creates serious problems for receiving countries as well as those sending them....
Cena: 72,73 zł
- On his travels through the wild mountainous terrain of the Caucasus, the narrator of A Hero of Our Time chances upon the veteran soldier and storyteller Maxim Maximych, who relates to him the dubious exploits of his former comrade Pechorin. Engaging in various acts of duelling, contraband, abduction and seduction, Pechorin, an archetypal Byronic anti-hero, combines cynicism and arrogance with melancholy...
Cena: 17,95 zł