- Nowa Huta jest kobietą Nazywano ją perłą pięciolatki i młodszą siostrą Magnitogorska – nawet propaganda lat 50. nie miała wątpliwości, że Nowa Huta jest kobietą. Dlaczego więc jej symbolem został półnagi murarz, mężczyzna? Gdzie podziały się nowohuckie murarki i architektki, przodowniczki pracy i artystki, działaczki i opozycjonistki? Zaglądamy na budowę najmłodszego polskiego miasta, do nowohuckich...
Cena: 39,81 zł
- One of the common features of communist regimes is the use of art for revolutionary means. Posters in particular have served as beacons of propaganda – vehicles of coercion, instruction, censure and debate – in every communist nation. They have promoted the authority of state and revolution, but have also been used as an effective means of protest. This is the first truly global survey of the history...
Cena: 118,75 zł
- Baskets are a simple but stylish way to organise your home. These hard-working multitaskers not only provide practical storage solutions but they are also decorative and instantly add texture and warmth to any room. Handled, woven, lined, coloured, patterned and lidded - there are so many options when it comes to choosing the baskets you display around your home to fit your needs and style. This book...
Cena: 75,05 zł
- London: the capital city of the United Kingdom and the political, economic, and cultural heart of the country. Along with Paris, Tokyo, and New York, London is considered one of the alpha capitals of the world: a pulsing, vibrant mega-metropolis which attracts millions of tourists and travelers each year with its history, museums, theater, art, fine dining, rich traditions, and multicultural flair....
Cena: 217,55 zł
- From the creator/editor of Who Shot Rock & Roll ("I loved this book" --Dwight Garner, The New York Times. "Whatever Gail Buckland writes, I want to read"), a book that brings together the work of 165 extraordinary photographers, most of their images heralded, most of their names unknown; photographs that capture the essence of athletes' mastery of mind/body/soul against the odds, doing the impossible,...
Cena: 170,05 zł
- Humanist photographer Willy Ronis's most iconic images of Paris are beautifully produced in this affordable volume. Unparalleled in his ability to portray the Parisian joie de vivre, Willy Ronis captured sheer delight on the faces he photographed, from the Parisian gamin running with an oversized baguette to the cheerful Parisiennes behind the bakery counter, and from dancers in full swing at a summer...
Cena: 41,80 zł
- A lively introduction to the seminal art and design movement that changed the way we see, think and live. Now 100 years old, the Bauhaus still looks just as fresh today as it did when it began. It was a place to experiment and embrace a new creative freedom. Thanks to this philosophy, the Bauhaus still shapes the world around us. Trace The Story of the Bauhaus through the 100 personalities, designs,...
Cena: 94,05 zł
- For many of us, our sofa is our favourite piece of furniture. But nowadays, with living space increasingly limited, our sofa often plays more than one role in the home. It becomes a decorative centrepiece, allowing us to put our own stamp on our living space; it may extend a child's play area or double up as a bed. As a result, we have become demanding about every aspect of design. We expect multifunctionality,...
Cena: 84,55 zł
Moving from Landscapes to Cityscapes and Back: Theoretical and Applied Approaches to Human Environment – książkaOne common topic of the essays included in the present volume is urban environment. Urban environment or cityscape has been traditionally contrasted with landscape since the latter was identified with rural or wild nature. However, there is no reason not to treat it as a particular form of landscape. Another premise of the present volume is the idea that in spite of the fact that landscapes cannot...
Cena: 33,15 zł
- North Korea uncensored and unfiltered – ordinary life in the world's most secretive nation, captured in never-before-seen ephemera. Made in North Korea uncovers the fascinating and surprisingly beautiful graphic culture of North Korea - from packaging to hotel brochures, luggage tags to tickets for the world-famous mass games. From his base in Beijing, Bonner has been running tours into North Korea...
Cena: 118,75 zł
- Remember Britpop and the '90s through hundreds of its most striking images - with many seen here for the very first time. Taken by renowned photographer Kevin Cummins, chief photographer at the NME for more than a decade, the images in this book explore the rise and fall of Cool Britannia and all that came with it. Nostalgic, anarchic and featuring contributions from icons of the Britpop era including...
Cena: 128,25 zł
- An important reconsideration of landscape photography in 19th-century America, exploring crucial but neglected geographies, practitioners, and themes Although pictures of the West have dominated our perception of 19th-century American landscape photography, many photographers were working in the eastern half of the United States during that period. Their pictures, with the exception of Civil War images,...
Cena: 189,05 zł
- Previously unpublished photographs and iconic portraits of musicians from the 1950s through the 1980s offer a new perspective on Doisneau's remarkable talent. Master photographer Robert Doisneau's passion for the joyful energy inherent in the music world comes alive in images that cover the musical spectrum, from classical and jazz to be-bop to the roots of modern rap and alternative rock. With camera...
Cena: 141,55 zł
- In the 1930s the history of Japanese photography evolved in two very different directions: one toward documentary photography, the other favoring an experimental, or avant-garde, approach strongly influenced by Western Surrealism. This book explores these two strains of modern Japanese photography through the work of two remarkable figures: Hiroshi Hamaya and Kansuke Yamamoto. Hiroshi Hamaya (1915–1999)...
Cena: 189,05 zł
- Książka przedstawia losy miasta w XX wieku – dynamicznie rozwijającą się stolicę na początku XX wieku, niemal doszczętnie zburzoną podczas II wojny światowej i współczesną odbudowaną europejską metropolię.
Cena: 27,55 zł
- Robert Capa and Gerda Taro were young Jewish refugees, idealistic and in love. As photographers in the 1930s, they set off to capture their generation's most important struggle—the fight against fascism. Among the first to depict modern warfare, Capa, Taro, and their friend Chim took powerful photographs of the Spanish Civil War that went straight from the action to news magazines. They brought a human...
Cena: 94,05 zł
- Explore the legacy of Alfred Hitchcock’s leading ladies—their iconic roles, unforgettable costumes, and complicated relationships with the man behind the camera. Whether she is played by Tippi Hedren, Grace Kelly, or Ingrid Bergman, the heroine of an Alfred Hitchcock picture is always the same: stylish, regal, with an elegant yet icy demeanor that masks a fire inside. From his early days as a director...
Cena: 122,55 zł
- Totally Awesome: The Greatest Cartoons of the Eighties is the ultimate guide to '80s cartoon nostalgia, featuring the art, toys, and inside story behind icons like He-Man, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe, and the Thundercats. For an entire generation of kids weaned on the intoxicating excitement of eighties cartoons, the decade can be summed up with two words: Totally Awesome! With a...
Cena: 170,05 zł
- For forty years, the Colorama dominated the east wall of New York City's Grand Central Terminal, where it was seen by thousands of people passing through each day. The massive backlit transparencies measured 60 feet wide by 18 feet tall and changed every few weeks between 1950 and 1990, resulting in a total production of 565 Coloramas. The idealized lifestyle presented in the Coloramas was intended...
Cena: 217,55 zł
- Anna and Bernhard Blume stage pseudo-paranormal events within typically bourgeois settings and photograph them with Polaroid cameras. The objects and the protagonists are spun into the air, fly off, levitate or roll around, exposing that undercurrent of eeriness inherent to domesticity
Cena: 160,55 zł