- Across the Ravaged Land is the third and final volume in Nick Brandt's trilogy of books documenting the disappearing natural world and animals of East Africa. The book's title, combined with the titles of Brandt's first two books, captures the change he has witnessed: "On this Earth, a shadow falls across the ravaged land." The book offers a darker vision of the world that Brandt has been photographing...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- My Courtyard is an enticing and inspiring book providing a glimpse of the rich and myriad world of courtyard gardens from across the globe. Filled with beautiful images from projects inspired by individual characters of their clients and designers, this book is a visual treat for not only professionals, but also anyone who is interested in design.
Cena: 111,60 zł
- This is an overview of the top 100 leading young designers working across Asia, selected by the co-founders of one of Asia’s foremost interior-design magazines, Design Anthology, based in Hong Kong. Featuring first-hand accounts from each designer, the book reveals their inspirations, collaborations and the challenges and opportunities presented as a young designer working in the region. The book includes...
Cena: 178,56 zł
- A beautifully presented survey of design and the applied arts, explored not by use, material, form or date – but by colour The V&A Book of Colour in Design is attractively simple: a celebration and exploration of colour, as revealed through objects in the world-class collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Structured by colour, it offers fascinating insights into the choices made by...
Cena: 133,92 zł
- For Mr Britling, eccentric and vivacious writer, the summer of 1914 consisted of long, hot days and luxurious house parties with a host of international guests to entertain him. And when he tired of this, he hopped across the channel where his devoted mistress was patiently waiting. But all this was about to change as Germany began marching into Belgium and Europe no longer provided the easy diversion...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- The vengeance of women is an absurd criminal story in which the main character, a brilliant inspector Franco Fog, a hedonist addicted to whiskey and women, albeit in heart always faithful to his only love - Veronica Blanca, has to investigate a mysterious disappearance of a few men. He wanders around ‘the most dangerous nooks and corners of the town’, gets help from fallen women, deals...
Cena: 8,37 zł
- An extraordinary survey of Van Gogh’s travels, this book explores the influential artist’s journeys across the continent from his hometown of Zunderf in the southern Netherlands to Auvers-sur-Oise near Paris, where his life came to an end. This publication features hundreds of colour images, including maps, contemporary photographs, and related artworks by Van Gogh, which paint a vivid picture of...
Cena: 79,00 zł
- From 1840-1914 England was transformed on a scale unprecended in its history. The country became the workshop of the world - an industrial powerhouse built on iron, coal and steam. Once-sleepy villages and ancient market towns were engulfed by a tide of development as the great manufacturing cities of the age - Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and Leeds - exploded scross the face of England. Railways...
Cena: 212,97 zł
- Iconography, the study of symbols – be they animals, artefacts, plants, shapes or gestures – is an essential element of art history. This guide unravels over fifty of the most common and intriguing visual symbols from across the globe from 2300 BCE to the present day. While symbols cross dialects and national boundaries, their meanings can vary and are often culturally specific. The snake, an object...
Cena: 49,29 zł
- The result of a five-year airborne odyssey across five continents and sixty countries, The Earth from the Air is the bestselling and most popular book of aerial photography ever published. This updated edition of the internationally acclaimed original features an updated text and over 100 breathtaking new photographs. New editorials by such renowned authors as Jane Goodall, Matthieu Ricard and Olivier...
Cena: 231,57 zł