- Body of Art is an unprecedented survey of the various ways in which the human body has been both an inspiration and a medium for artists over hundreds of thousands of years. More than simply a book of representations, the book explores the diverse manifestations of the body in art across time, cultures and media. From Palaeolithic caves and ancient Egyptian sculptures to 21st-century painting, video...
Cena: 186,00 zł
- Urban life is humankind’s biggest experiment to date, our cities are constantly evolving and adapting to climate and economy. The cities we have today are not necessarily the ones we need, but big and small innovation is rethinking visions of urbanization. Together with pioneering research and design lab SPACE10, we present future-orientated design which enhances quality of life and makes our urban...
Cena: 146,94 zł
- This lively introduction tells the ever-evolving story of abstract art, tracing its history from the early 1900s right up to the present day. Emerging out of western movements such as Cubism and Expressionism, abstract art quickly became a global phenomenon, changing the face of modern and contemporary art. Stephanie Straine weaves accounts of well-known pioneers with fascinating insights into lesser-known...
Cena: 49,29 zł
- The result of a five-year airborne odyssey across five continents and sixty countries, The Earth from the Air is the bestselling and most popular book of aerial photography ever published. This updated edition of the internationally acclaimed original features an updated text and over 100 breathtaking new photographs. New editorials by such renowned authors as Jane Goodall, Matthieu Ricard and Olivier...
Cena: 231,57 zł
- Featuring new and iconic images, this follow-up to Prestel’s highly successful A Year in Photography: Magnum Archive includes some of the most striking photography ever collected in one volume. As readers flip the pages they will find themselves traveling from west to east across the globe. Each country is represented in three or four images captured by a single photographer. While renowned figures...
Cena: 110,67 zł
- In Birds, devout birder and ornithologist Roger J. Lederer celebrates the heyday of avian illustration in 40 artists' profiles, beginning with the work of Flemish painter Frans Snyders in the early 1600s and continuing through to contemporary artists like Elizabeth Buttersworth, famed for her portraits of macaws. Stretching its wings across time, taxa, geography, and artistic style - from the celebrated...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- Follow global color authority Pantone on this vivid journey through the rich history of color in fashion. Favorite hues and their appearances across the decades are profiled in informative text and copiously illustrated by runway photos and archival images. Track Bright Marigold from its heyday in the 1940s as Hermès' identifying hue to its showstopping appearance in Carolina Herrera's Spring/Summer...
Cena: 119,97 zł
- Featuring one hundred of the most spectacular interiors across the world, this richly illustrated overview spans the entire twentieth century to the present day and includes interiors assembled by leading artists, fashion designers, architects, and interior and set designers. Bringing together diverse design talents, from Piero Fornasetti and Coco Chanel to Alvar Aalto, Marc Newson, and Matthew Williamson,...
Cena: 112,53 zł
- As the demand for work in illustration continues to grow, this medium is becoming a key component in the fields of advertising, communication, and reporting. Illusive, the definitive reference of contemporary illustration, showcases the work of both established names and new talents from around the world. The book demonstrates the dynamism of this creative technique, documents global trends, and features...
Cena: 119,97 zł
- A kaleidoscopic adventure across the world’s continents, city by city, in search of the best urban photographic art With over 640 photographs! More people than ever before live in the city, which critic Susan Sontag once described as ‘a landscape of voluptuous extremes’. The energetic, ever-changing pace of the metropolis has long lured photographers to capture, often candidly, the chaos, character...
Cena: 117,18 zł