- Across the Ravaged Land is the third and final volume in Nick Brandt's trilogy of books documenting the disappearing natural world and animals of East Africa. The book's title, combined with the titles of Brandt's first two books, captures the change he has witnessed: "On this Earth, a shadow falls across the ravaged land." The book offers a darker vision of the world that Brandt has been photographing...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- The spirit of exploration is alive and well in the twenty-first century. This collection of thrilling and inspiring accounts from today’s most intrepid explorers offers a unique insight into what it is like to be on an expedition – to be dragged through the top of the rainforest canopy in an inflatable raft suspended from a balloon; to trek across inhospitable desert with your water supply running...
Cena: 51,15 zł
- My Courtyard is an enticing and inspiring book providing a glimpse of the rich and myriad world of courtyard gardens from across the globe. Filled with beautiful images from projects inspired by individual characters of their clients and designers, this book is a visual treat for not only professionals, but also anyone who is interested in design.
Cena: 111,60 zł
- This is an overview of the top 100 leading young designers working across Asia, selected by the co-founders of one of Asia’s foremost interior-design magazines, Design Anthology, based in Hong Kong. Featuring first-hand accounts from each designer, the book reveals their inspirations, collaborations and the challenges and opportunities presented as a young designer working in the region. The book includes...
Cena: 178,56 zł
- For Mr Britling, eccentric and vivacious writer, the summer of 1914 consisted of long, hot days and luxurious house parties with a host of international guests to entertain him. And when he tired of this, he hopped across the channel where his devoted mistress was patiently waiting. But all this was about to change as Germany began marching into Belgium and Europe no longer provided the easy diversion...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- The vengeance of women is an absurd criminal story in which the main character, a brilliant inspector Franco Fog, a hedonist addicted to whiskey and women, albeit in heart always faithful to his only love - Veronica Blanca, has to investigate a mysterious disappearance of a few men. He wanders around ‘the most dangerous nooks and corners of the town’, gets help from fallen women, deals...
Cena: 8,37 zł
- The Communist Manifesto was first published in London in 1848, by two young men in their late twenties. Its impact reverberated across the globe and throughout the next century, and it has come to be recognised as one of the most important political texts ever written. Maintaining that the history of all societies is a history of class struggle, the manifesto proclaims that communism is the only route...
Cena: 23,87 zł
- 1968 saw an extraordinary range of protests across much of the western world. Some of these were genuinely revolutionary - around ten million French workers went on strike and the whole state teetered on the brink of collapse. Others were more easily contained, but had profound longer-term implications - terrorist groups, feminist collectives, gay rights activists could all trace important roots to...
Cena: 95,70 zł
- David Foster Wallace was one of the most celebrated and visionary writers of the late 20th and early 21st century. He wrote prolifically across fiction and non-fiction, from genre-defining reportage to genre-breaking postmodern novels. And his influence is clearly visible in those who came after him - Zadie Smith, Dave Eggers, Jonathan Franzen, George Saunders... The Reader collects the very best...
Cena: 41,25 zł
- 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.' In this charming book from 1906, Okakura explores Zen, Taoism, Tea Masters and the significance of the Japanese tea ceremony. One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever...
Cena: 10,23 zł