- Across the Ravaged Land is the third and final volume in Nick Brandt's trilogy of books documenting the disappearing natural world and animals of East Africa. The book's title, combined with the titles of Brandt's first two books, captures the change he has witnessed: "On this Earth, a shadow falls across the ravaged land." The book offers a darker vision of the world that Brandt has been photographing...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- Fundamental to Chinese philosophy and religion, the Tao Te Ching is a simple guidebook for virtue, encouraging peace, understanding and humility. Ranging from political advice to common wisdom, it has also served as an inspiration to artists across the ages and throughout the world.
Cena: 21,02 zł
- My Courtyard is an enticing and inspiring book providing a glimpse of the rich and myriad world of courtyard gardens from across the globe. Filled with beautiful images from projects inspired by individual characters of their clients and designers, this book is a visual treat for not only professionals, but also anyone who is interested in design.
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Sad Topographies is an illustrated guide for the melancholic among us. Dispirited travellers rejoice as Damien Rudd journeys across continents in search of the world's most joyless place names and their fascinating etymologies. Behind each lugubrious place name exists a story, a richly interwoven narrative of mythology, history, landscape, misadventure and tragedy.
Cena: 92,07 zł
- This is an overview of the top 100 leading young designers working across Asia, selected by the co-founders of one of Asia’s foremost interior-design magazines, Design Anthology, based in Hong Kong. Featuring first-hand accounts from each designer, the book reveals their inspirations, collaborations and the challenges and opportunities presented as a young designer working in the region. The book includes...
Cena: 178,56 zł
- A beautifully presented survey of design and the applied arts, explored not by use, material, form or date – but by colour The V&A Book of Colour in Design is attractively simple: a celebration and exploration of colour, as revealed through objects in the world-class collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Structured by colour, it offers fascinating insights into the choices made by...
Cena: 133,92 zł
- For Mr Britling, eccentric and vivacious writer, the summer of 1914 consisted of long, hot days and luxurious house parties with a host of international guests to entertain him. And when he tired of this, he hopped across the channel where his devoted mistress was patiently waiting. But all this was about to change as Germany began marching into Belgium and Europe no longer provided the easy diversion...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- The vengeance of women is an absurd criminal story in which the main character, a brilliant inspector Franco Fog, a hedonist addicted to whiskey and women, albeit in heart always faithful to his only love - Veronica Blanca, has to investigate a mysterious disappearance of a few men. He wanders around ‘the most dangerous nooks and corners of the town’, gets help from fallen women, deals...
Cena: 8,37 zł
- A must-have for Alexander von Humboldt fans and botanic enthusiasts, this gorgeous collection of frameable posters of his studies is filled with natural wonders and meticulous detail. More than two centuries after Alexander von Humboldt established himself as a scientific trailblazer, the work of this pioneering explorer and naturalist is being rediscovered. Humboldt's travels in the Americas and...
Cena: 92,95 zł
- Why has human history unfolded so differently across the globe? In this Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Jared Diamond puts the case that geography and biogeography, not race, moulded the contrasting fates of Europeans, Asians, Native Americans, sub-Saharan Africans, and aboriginal Australians. An ambitious synthesis of history, biology, ecology and linguistics, Guns, Germs and Steel remains a ground-breaking...
Cena: 47,22 zł