- When the first season of Stranger Things debuted on Netflix in the summer of 2016, the show struck a nerve with millions of viewers worldwide and received broad critical acclaim. The series has gone on to win six Emmy Awards, but its success was driven more than anything by word of mouth, resonating across generations. Viewers feel personal connections to the characters. Now fans can immerse themselves...
Cena: 87,89 zł
- Desolation Angels is the wild and soulful story of the legendary road trip that Jack Kerouac took before the publication of On the Road, told through the persona of Jack Duluoz and accompanied by his thinly-disguised Beat cohorts Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso and William Burroughs. As they hitch, hop freight trains, walk and talk their way across the world, from California to Mexico, London to Paris...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- A sweeping culinary journey across the Islamic world, and a celebration of its most iconic recipes. A diverse and rich culinary tradition has evolved in every place touched by Islam, always characterised by deliciousness and fragrance, a love of herbs and the deft use of spices. Anissa Helou's Feast represents an extraordinary journey through place and time, travelling from Senegal to Indonesia via...
Cena: 212,97 zł
- The Communist Manifesto was first published in London in 1848, by two young men in their late twenties. Its impact reverberated across the globe and throughout the next century, and it has come to be recognised as one of the most important political texts ever written. Maintaining that the history of all societies is a history of class struggle, the manifesto proclaims that communism is the only route...
Cena: 23,87 zł
- Every time we are introduced to someone new, try to be creative, or start a difficult conversation, we take a risk. We feel uncertain and exposed. We feel vulnerable. Most of us try to fight those feelings - we strive to appear perfect. In a powerful new vision Dr. Brené Brown challenges everything we think we know about vulnerability, and dispels the widely accepted myth that it's a weakness. She...
Cena: 43,91 zł
- 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.' In this charming book from 1906, Okakura explores Zen, Taoism, Tea Masters and the significance of the Japanese tea ceremony. One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever...
Cena: 10,23 zł
- David Foster Wallace was one of the most celebrated and visionary writers of the late 20th and early 21st century. He wrote prolifically across fiction and non-fiction, from genre-defining reportage to genre-breaking postmodern novels. And his influence is clearly visible in those who came after him - Zadie Smith, Dave Eggers, Jonathan Franzen, George Saunders... The Reader collects the very best...
Cena: 41,25 zł
- I’m standing on the red railway car that sits abandoned next to the barn. The wind soars, whipping my hair across my face and pushing a chill down the open neck of my shirt. The gales are strong this close to the mountain, as if the peak itself is exhaling. Down below, the valley is peaceful, undisturbed. Meanwhile our farm dances: the heavy conifer trees sway slowly, while the sagebrush and thistles...
Cena: 39,51 zł
- 1968 saw an extraordinary range of protests across much of the western world. Some of these were genuinely revolutionary - around ten million French workers went on strike and the whole state teetered on the brink of collapse. Others were more easily contained, but had profound longer-term implications - terrorist groups, feminist collectives, gay rights activists could all trace important roots to...
Cena: 95,70 zł
- A timeless collection of quotations by visionaries who have been catalysts for change - through the ages and across the globe You Had Better Make Some Noise brings together the words of social activists, revolutionaries, artists, writers, musicians, philosophers, politicians, and more - galvanizing us all to do the same. Familiar figures - Thomas Paine to Bertrand Russell, Augustine to Gloria Steinem,...
Cena: 58,59 zł