- For Mr Britling, eccentric and vivacious writer, the summer of 1914 consisted of long, hot days and luxurious house parties with a host of international guests to entertain him. And when he tired of this, he hopped across the channel where his devoted mistress was patiently waiting. But all this was about to change as Germany began marching into Belgium and Europe no longer provided the easy diversion...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- A timeless collection of quotations by visionaries who have been catalysts for change - through the ages and across the globe You Had Better Make Some Noise brings together the words of social activists, revolutionaries, artists, writers, musicians, philosophers, politicians, and more - galvanizing us all to do the same. Familiar figures - Thomas Paine to Bertrand Russell, Augustine to Gloria Steinem,...
Cena: 32,55 zł
- Psychopath. No sooner is the word out than images of murderers, rapists, suicide bombers and gangsters flash across our minds. But unlike their film and television counterparts, not all psychopaths are violent, or even criminal. Far from it. In fact, they have a lot of good things going for them. Psychopaths are fearless, confident, charismatic, ruthless and focused - qualities tailor-made for success...
Cena: 50,22 zł
- At a time when Europeans across the continent are focused on the EU's future direction, this book provides an important contribution to the current debate. Created for reasons quite unconnected with the environment, the EU has been given a compelling new justification by the success of its environmental policy. A number of factors – including a number of threats that came to prominence in the 1980s,...
Cena: 146,94 zł
- Studia regionalne i lokalne Numer 3 (73) 2018 ARTYKUŁY [Articles] Paweł Merło, Marcin Bogdański: Spatial disparities in the level of human capital in the European Union in the context of regional competitiveness, doi 10.7366/1509499537301, s. 5–26; Eugeniusz Wojciechowski, Aldona Podgórniak-Krzykacz, Jacek Chądzyński: Private and civic organisations as providers of public services in municipalities,...
Cena: 19,53 zł
- ‘As enlightening about crime in modern society as any book I have read’ The Times ‘A richly researched, supremely sane discussion of the causes of and ways of preventing crime. From bobbies on the beat (they don’t reduce crime), to the idea that “prison works” (it doesn’t), Gash’s important book may well change your attitude to criminality and the justice system’ Guardian There are two myths about...
Cena: 46,87 zł