- Across the Ravaged Land is the third and final volume in Nick Brandt's trilogy of books documenting the disappearing natural world and animals of East Africa. The book's title, combined with the titles of Brandt's first two books, captures the change he has witnessed: "On this Earth, a shadow falls across the ravaged land." The book offers a darker vision of the world that Brandt has been photographing...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- The book addresses the issue of intergenerational learning in a virtual world created by information and communication technology (ICT) and the role of ICT in an educational environment. In order to discuss how ICT can be used as a means to prevent early school leaving among immigrant youth, this book explores the literature on how learning can be understood in the intergenerational context, the challenges...
Cena: 41,76 zł
- My Courtyard is an enticing and inspiring book providing a glimpse of the rich and myriad world of courtyard gardens from across the globe. Filled with beautiful images from projects inspired by individual characters of their clients and designers, this book is a visual treat for not only professionals, but also anyone who is interested in design.
Cena: 111,60 zł
- This is an overview of the top 100 leading young designers working across Asia, selected by the co-founders of one of Asia’s foremost interior-design magazines, Design Anthology, based in Hong Kong. Featuring first-hand accounts from each designer, the book reveals their inspirations, collaborations and the challenges and opportunities presented as a young designer working in the region. The book includes...
Cena: 178,56 zł
- For Mr Britling, eccentric and vivacious writer, the summer of 1914 consisted of long, hot days and luxurious house parties with a host of international guests to entertain him. And when he tired of this, he hopped across the channel where his devoted mistress was patiently waiting. But all this was about to change as Germany began marching into Belgium and Europe no longer provided the easy diversion...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- The vengeance of women is an absurd criminal story in which the main character, a brilliant inspector Franco Fog, a hedonist addicted to whiskey and women, albeit in heart always faithful to his only love - Veronica Blanca, has to investigate a mysterious disappearance of a few men. He wanders around ‘the most dangerous nooks and corners of the town’, gets help from fallen women, deals...
Cena: 8,37 zł
- How does a democracy die? What can we do to save our own? What lessons does history teach us? In the 21st century democracy is threatened like never before. Drawing insightful lessons from across history - from Pinochet's murderous Chilean regime to Erdogan's quiet dismantling in Turkey - Levitsky and Ziblatt explain why democracies fail, how leaders like Trump subvert them today and what each of...
Cena: 42,14 zł
- An extraordinary survey of Van Gogh’s travels, this book explores the influential artist’s journeys across the continent from his hometown of Zunderf in the southern Netherlands to Auvers-sur-Oise near Paris, where his life came to an end. This publication features hundreds of colour images, including maps, contemporary photographs, and related artworks by Van Gogh, which paint a vivid picture of...
Cena: 79,00 zł
- From 1840-1914 England was transformed on a scale unprecended in its history. The country became the workshop of the world - an industrial powerhouse built on iron, coal and steam. Once-sleepy villages and ancient market towns were engulfed by a tide of development as the great manufacturing cities of the age - Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and Leeds - exploded scross the face of England. Railways...
Cena: 212,97 zł
- A timeless collection of quotations by visionaries who have been catalysts for change - through the ages and across the globe You Had Better Make Some Noise brings together the words of social activists, revolutionaries, artists, writers, musicians, philosophers, politicians, and more - galvanizing us all to do the same. Familiar figures - Thomas Paine to Bertrand Russell, Augustine to Gloria Steinem,...
Cena: 58,59 zł