- The book addresses the issue of intergenerational learning in a virtual world created by information and communication technology (ICT) and the role of ICT in an educational environment. In order to discuss how ICT can be used as a means to prevent early school leaving among immigrant youth, this book explores the literature on how learning can be understood in the intergenerational context, the challenges...
Cena: 41,76 zł
- The first comprehensive account of the evolution and exploitation of the Judeo-Bolshevik myth, from its origins to the present day. For much of the twentieth century, Europe was haunted by a threat of its own imagining: Judeo-Bolshevism. This myth—that Communism was a Jewish plot to destroy the nations of Europe—was a paranoid fantasy, and yet fears of a Jewish Bolshevik conspiracy took hold during...
Cena: 111,37 zł
- Recent events in Ukraine and Russia and the subsequent incorporation of Crimea into the Russian state, with the support of some circles of inhabitants of the peninsula, have shown that the desire of people to belong to the Western part of Europe should not automatically be assumed. Discussing different perceptions of the Ukrainian-Russian war in neighbouring countries, this book offers an analysis...
Cena: 119,04 zł
- "A fascinating study of the relationship between music and visual art in a variety of media from around the world! The Art of Music« is a handsomely illustrated and rich interdisciplinary look at the mutual influence between music and the visual arts across cultures and eras. The book sheds new light on more familiar artists at the intersection of the visual and the musical, such as Wassily Kandinsky...
Cena: 175,82 zł
- At a time when Europeans across the continent are focused on the EU's future direction, this book provides an important contribution to the current debate. Created for reasons quite unconnected with the environment, the EU has been given a compelling new justification by the success of its environmental policy. A number of factors – including a number of threats that came to prominence in the 1980s,...
Cena: 146,94 zł
- Adolescence is a pivotal time in a girl's life. The development of educational, physical, psychosocial, familial, political and economic capabilities enable girls to reach their full potential and contribute to the wellbeing of their families and society. However, progress is still significantly constrained by discriminatory gender norms and the related attitudes and practices which restrict girls’...
Cena: 83,70 zł
- The topic of this monograph refers to the remuneration of executives and its relationship with corporate performance. The thesis provides the review of the compensation and corporate governance theories with the focus on the principal-agent theory, which describes the conflict of interests between shareholders and executives. It delivers a broad review of corporate governance models, and its control...
Cena: 92,07 zł
- In times of rapid technological change, enthusiasts of the new often subscribe to the theory of “supersession,” the idea that newer technologies supersede or vanquish older ones. But as scholar of information Paul Duguid has observed, reality is mare interesting and complicated than that. In the 1950s, for instance, when television was becoming popular, there were widespread predictions of radio’s...
Cena: 45,37 zł
- When we look back from the vantage point of the 21st century and ask ourselves what the previous century was all about, what do we see? Our first inclination is to focus on historical events: the 20th century was the age of two devastating world wars, of totalitarian regimes and terrible atrocities like the Holocaust – ‚the age of extremes‘, to use Hobsbawm’s famous phrase. But in this new book, the...
Cena: 84,63 zł
- The volume MIGRATION AND EDUCATION is the first publication of the recently created Migrant Education and Integration Research Centre (CBEIM – in Polish: Centrum Badań nad Edukacją i Integracją Migrantów) at the Pedagogical University of Kraków. It appears at a time when the integration of migrants in Europe has become a crucial issue. The International Office for Migration defines migration as “the...
Cena: 37,11 zł