- A hilarious, biting satire of the United States and its unpredictable leader from the best-selling author of The Circle The grand ship Glory has been skilfully captained for years, but when its well-loved old skipper decides to step down, a new leader thrusts himself forward and a new era begins. The new Captain is vulgar, bumbling and inexplicably confident. With no knowledge of nautical navigation...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- THE ADVENTURES OF JAMES COOK/Przygody Kapitana Cooka Poziom 2 Skuteczna nauka przez czytanie. Let's read! James pochodzi z niezamożnej rodziny i szybko zaczyna zarabiać na siebie, pracując w sklepie. Marzą mu się jednak dalekie morskie przygody! Kiedy w końcu udaje mu się zaciągnąć na statek, nie spodziewa się, że w przyszłości zostanie wielkim odkrywcą i dowódcą wielkich wypraw dookoła świata… The...
Cena: 18,59 zł
- ‘Fifteen men on the dead man's chest-Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!’ Treasure Island is a tale of pirates and villains, maps, treasure and shipwreck, and is perhaps the best adventure story ever written. When young Jim Hawkins finds a packet in Captain Flint's sea chest, he could not know that the map inside it would lead him to unimaginable treasure. Shipping as cabin boy on the Hispaniola, he sails...
- Professor Aronnax embarks on an expedition to hunt down and destroy a menacing sea monster. However, he discovers that the beast is metal - it is a giant submarine called the Nautilus built by the renegade scientist Captain Nemo. So begins an underwater adventure that takes them from the South Pole to the submerged lost city of Atlantis.
Cena: 40,92 zł
- Eight years ago Anne Elliot bowed to pressure from her family and made the decision not to marry the man she loved, Captain Wentworth. Now circumstances have conspired to bring him back into her social circle and Anne finds her old feelings for him reignited. However, when they meet again Wentworth behaves as if they are strangers and seems more interested in her friend Louisa. In this, her final novel,...
- The silence of the jungle is broken only by the ominous sound of drumming. Life on the river is brutal and unknown threats lurk in the darkness. Marlow's mission to captain a steamer upriver into the dense interior leads him into conflict with the others who haunt the forest. But his decision to hunt down the mysterious Mr Kurtz, an ivory trader who is the subject of sinister rumours, leads him into...
- Professor Aronnax, his faithful servant, Conseil, and the Canadian harpooner, Ned Land, begin an extremely hazardous voyage to rid the seas of a little-known and terrifying sea monster. However, the "monster" turns out to be a giant submarine, commanded by the mysterious Captain Nemo, by whom they are soon held captive. So begins not only one of the great adventure classics by Jules Verne, the 'Father...
- Join the world of Artemis Fowl, the number one bestseller by Eoin Colfer. AT JUST TWELVE YEARS OLD, ARTEMIS FOWL IS A CRIMINAL GENIUS. No scheme is too dastardly, no plot too devious. And he's just discovered that fairies are real. Poor fairies. But these are not the cuddly creatures of bedtime stories. They are armed. They are dangerous. And when Artemis captures Captain Holly Short for her fairy...
Cena: 29,26 zł
- This gripping set of tales by the master storyteller Arthur Conan Doyle is bound to thrill and unnerve you. In these twilight excursions, Doyle's vivid imagination for the strange, the grotesque and the frightening is given full rein. We move from the mysteries of Egypt and the strange powers granted by The Ring of Thoth to the isolated ghostlands of the Arctic in The Captain of the Polestar, we encounter...
Cena: 14,65 zł