- Over the last fifty years, humanity has developed an extraordinary global utility which is omnipresent, universal, and available to all: the Global Positioning System (GPS). A network of twenty-four satellites and their monitoring stations on Earth, it makes possible almost all modern technology, from the smartphone in your pocket to the Mars rover. Neither the internet nor the cloud would work without...
Cena: 73,47 zł
- This is the first volume of "Chronicles of Terror" to deal exclusively with the victims of Soviet repression; it contains the testimonies of Polish soldiers who were taken into Soviet captivity in 1939–1941. These soldiers went on to join Anders’ Army and noted their experiences in questionnaires prepared by the Military Historical Bureau in the Middle East in 1943. The accounts are a fascinating personal...
Cena: 39,06 zł
- “ Of all people, the Jews should know what may happen when a nation feels it has been wronged and starts looking for a scapegoat.” The author of these words, a former Canadian newspaper reporter, Stash Pruszynski argues passionately that the Diaspora Jews, who for years have supported the only remaining apartheid state on earth, should cut their ties with Israel before it’s too late. For...
Cena: 23,82 zł
- Until recently, the awkward moments of growing up could be forgotten. But today we may be on the verge of losing the ability to leave our pasts behind. In The End of Forgetting, Kate Eichhorn explores what happens when images of our younger selves persist, often remaining just a click away. For today's teenagers, many of whom spend hours each day posting on social media platforms, efforts to move beyond...
Cena: 78,82 zł
- This publication is the development of aspects related to transplantation medicine in the broadly comprehended issues referred to trafficking in human beings and one of its form — illegal trade in human organs. The illicit trade in human organs and tissues is lucrative comparable to smuggling of weapons and drugs in the context of profits. States must address this growing phenomenon with the implementation...
Cena: 12,70 zł
- The author argues that the basic weakness of neoclassical economics is the eradication of value, which reduces economics to market valuation and results in defining the market as a self-regulatory mechanism. The danger lies in the fact that contemporary economic activity is a linear process, which means that we focus on generating instrumental values, i.e. achieving a surplus in relation to the costs...
Cena: 125,55 zł