- Na warszawskim Mokotowie, na placu budowy centrum handlowego znalezione zostają zwłoki młodego człowieka. To już drugie ciało odnalezione w tym miejscu. Z ramienia policji śledztwo prowadzi inspektor Robert Nowak, który szybko odkrywa niejasne powiązania na styku świata biznesu i polityki sięgające najwyższych władz miasta… Danger in high places to pierwsza powieść kryminalnego cyklu stworzonego z...
Cena: 18,59 zł
- Dear Reader, In February 2013 I gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. Standing a few feet from President Obama, I warned my fellow citizens of the dangers facing our country and called for a return to the principles that made America great. Many Americans heard and responded, but our nation’s decline has continued. Today the danger is greater than ever before, and I have never shared a...
Cena: 95,33 zł
- The spirit of exploration is alive and well in the twenty-first century. This collection of thrilling and inspiring accounts from today’s most intrepid explorers offers a unique insight into what it is like to be on an expedition – to be dragged through the top of the rainforest canopy in an inflatable raft suspended from a balloon; to trek across inhospitable desert with your water supply running...
Cena: 53,94 zł
- Migrants have stood at the heart of modern Europe's experience, whether trying to escape danger, to find a better life or as a result of deliberate policy, whether moving from the countryside to the city, or between countries, or from outside the continent altogether. Peter Gatrell's powerful new book is the first to bring these stories together into one place. He creates a compelling narrative bracketed...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- “ Of all people, the Jews should know what may happen when a nation feels it has been wronged and starts looking for a scapegoat.” The author of these words, a former Canadian newspaper reporter, Stash Pruszynski argues passionately that the Diaspora Jews, who for years have supported the only remaining apartheid state on earth, should cut their ties with Israel before it’s too late. For...
Cena: 23,82 zł
- Collins brings the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, to English language learners. Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time and in any language. Now Collins has adapted her famous detective novels for English language learners. These readers have been carefully adapted using the Collins COBUILD grading scheme to ensure that the language is at the correct level for an intermediate...
Cena: 36,27 zł
- The ascension of Vladimir Putin - a former lieutenant colonel of the KGB - to the presidency of Russia in 1999 was a strong signal that the country was headed away from democracy. Yet in the intervening years - as America and the world's other leading powers have continued to appease him - Putin has grown not only into a dictator but an international threat. With his vast resources and nuclear arsenal,...
Cena: 82,77 zł
- This publication is the development of aspects related to transplantation medicine in the broadly comprehended issues referred to trafficking in human beings and one of its form — illegal trade in human organs. The illicit trade in human organs and tissues is lucrative comparable to smuggling of weapons and drugs in the context of profits. States must address this growing phenomenon with the implementation...
Cena: 12,70 zł
- The author argues that the basic weakness of neoclassical economics is the eradication of value, which reduces economics to market valuation and results in defining the market as a self-regulatory mechanism. The danger lies in the fact that contemporary economic activity is a linear process, which means that we focus on generating instrumental values, i.e. achieving a surplus in relation to the costs...
Cena: 158,10 zł
- In every crisis situation, children are the greatest victims. Physically weak, they are often the first to succumb to hunger, disease, and dehydration. Innocent to the workings and failings of the world, they are unable to understand why there is danger, why there are people who want to hurt them, or why they must leave, perhaps quite suddenly, and abandon their schools, their friends, and their home. In...
Cena: 175,77 zł