- This is a story about a young guy who failed at the front. He believes the whole failure is due to him. Blake returns from India to England. There is some disagreement about whether Blake is really guilty or not. But Blake keeps silence in order to preserve the idyll in the family and not to betray his father and brother.
- Arthur Miller's extraordinary masterpiece, Death of a Salesman changed the course of modern theatre, and has lost none of its power as an examination of American life. 'A man is not an orange. You can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away' Willy Loman is on his last legs. Failing at his job, dismayed at his the failure of his sons, Biff and Happy, to live up to his expectations, and tortured by...
Cena: 37,67 zł
- The Third Eye refers more to the thriller, not the detective novel. In the main events, Carolyn Watts is a young and intelligent middle-class teacher, who has just accepted a post as a games mistress at an exclusive school for girls. What she doesn’t know is that her predecessor was found dead in bed from heart failure. and that rumor has it that she was scared to death.
- Inteligentne, zabawne dzieło świetnej rysowniczki. „Niewidzialna Emmie” to kwintesencja lat szkolnych – śmiejesz się, płaczesz i dostajesz w głowę piłką do siatkówki. Stephan Pastis, autor bestsellerowej serii Timmy Failure Historia o dwóch zupełnie różnych dziewczynkach - spokojnej, cichej, niemal niewidzialnej Emmie (szkoła ją przeraża!) i Katie - otwartej, popularnej, pewnej siebie, o której...
Cena: 23,65 zł
- The physics of vulnerability is simple: If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall. This is a book about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and Rising Strong, our clearest path to deeper meaning, wisdom and hope.
Cena: 62,20 zł
- „The Double Traitor” is an espionage novel set in the days leading to the first World War. The main character is Francis Norgate, an aspiring British diplomat who falls in disfavor with his superiors for defending a woman while stationed in Berlin. The resulting scandal causes Norgate to be recalled. On the way home, he meets a German gentleman, Selingman, who claims to be a crockery salesman. But,...
- It is the French Riviera in the 1920s. Nicole and Dick Diver are a wealthy, elegant, magnetic couple. A coterie of admirers are drawn to them, none more so than the blooming young starlet Rosemary Hoyt. When Rosemary falls for Dick, the Diver's calculated perfection begins to crack. As dark truths emerge, Fitzgerald shows both the disintegration of a marriage and the failure of idealism. Tender is...
Cena: 10,97 zł
- Edward III ruled England for fifty years. He was a paragon of kingship in the eyes of his contemporaries, the perfect king in those of later generations. Venerated as the victor of Sluys and Crécy and the founder of the Order of the Garter, he was regarded with awe even by his enemies. But he lived too long, and was ultimately condemned to see thirty years of conquests reversed in less than five. In...
Cena: 22,40 zł
- „Ferragus” is an 1833 novel by French author Honoré de Balzac and included in the „Scenes de la vie parisienne” section of his novel sequence „La Comédie humaine”. It is part of his trilogy „Histoire des treize”: „Ferragus” is the first part, the second is „La Duchesse de Langeais” and the third is „The Girl with the Golden Eyes”. A captivating story about human emotions and relations, set in the year...
- The secretive financier and Press baron Warren Rand is working to bring about Global Peace and Disarmament, against the plotting of England, France, Germany, and Russia. The story expands to include the chief characters in Rands life: his security chief a British officer Tellesom who falls in love with Rand’s estranged daughter, the financier John Glynde and a large cast of evil Russian and German...