- A Chronology of Art brings the developments of the art world into sharp focus by examining the most important works in context with contemporary political, economic, literary, scientific and social events. This novel treatment, structured around a central timeline that becomes more detailed as it nears the present, explains the outside influences on artists at the time of the creation of the works....
Cena: 92,07 zł
- Lucian Freud dedicated his life to portraying the people in his world without flattery or refinement. Although his technique and style evolved tremendously over the decades, Freud never wavered in his uncompromising standards or unsentimental approach to his subjects. This introduction to Freud's life and oeuvre opens with an illuminating essay that explores how Freud's adherence to realism and focus...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- The official publication celebrating Magnum Photos’ 70th anniversary: a totally fresh and perceptive view of the legendary agency’s history and archive In this landmark photography publication and accompanying exhibition, Clément Chéroux demonstrates how Magnum Photos owes its pre-eminence to the ability of its photographers to encompass and navigate the points between photography as art object and...
Cena: 195,30 zł
- From the 19th-century Arts and Crafts movement to the present day, and from Art Nouveau and Bauhaus to hi-tech and green design, every style of interior design since 1900 is charted in this wide-ranging survey. Design in the 20th century saw an extraordinary evolution, with the emergence of professional interior designers and the growing appetite to redesign homes at frequent intervals. In recent...
Cena: 67,89 zł
- This visually rich survey – the first of its kind – showcases the work of over 200 artists and celebrates the explosion of street art in Africa over the last decade. Including eleven in-depth interviews with street artists active in Africa today as well as coverage of the continent’s major street art projects, collectives and festivals, it takes the reader on an introductory tour of the many African...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Monika Osiecka’s Mirror Fragments is a fascinating record of a woman’s experience, an artist’s self-reflection. It is an intimate diary composed of words, sculptures, and the author’s own photographs. Don’t be misled by the impression that the central focus of this unusual publication, this album, yet not album, is the image. Subtle nudes, female figures emerging out of stone, rugged abstract forms...
Cena: 82,77 zł
- “The way men are seen in photography, in fashion, and the way that men look at pictures of themselves has changed in recent years. It is a subject that has come into focus: The masculine image, a man's personal style, changing attitudes to the male face and body.” — Mario Testino From Rio to London, Cusco to Seville, Mario Testino is renowned for his free-spirited chronicles of dress and demeanor....
Cena: 269,70 zł
- Autorzy proponują, by doświadczenie estetyczne – ujmowane w kategoriach rozproszenia i integracji – traktować jako reprezentatywne dla ogólnie pojętego doświadczenia nowoczesności. Pokazują, w jaki sposób to jedno z podstawowych zagadnień estetyki może być potraktowane jako klucz do zrozumienia przemian nowoczesnej i współczesnej kultury. Pierwsza część tomu obejmuje teksty, które poruszają najogólniejsze...
Cena: 39,06 zł
- The key objective of this work is to answer the question: To what extent do contemporary Polish TV series try to change stereotypes about women and to what extent do they preserve them? The analysis involved a total of eight series produced and broadcast by Telewizja Polska, TVN and Telewizja Polsat, grouped by genre into: (1) drama series – soap operas; (2) historical drama series; (3) crime dramas...
Cena: 33,48 zł