- The geometric shapes and natural forms, captured with exceptional precision in Ernst Haeckel's prints, still influence artists and designers to this day. This volume highlights the research and findings of this natural scientist. Powerful modern microscopes have confirmed the accuracy of Haeckel's prints, which even in their day, became world famous. Haeckel's portfolio, first published between 1899...
Cena: 80,70 zł
- Now available in a new compact edition, this book offers a stunning visual archive of nearly 200 images of modern architecture by awardwinning photographer Nicolas Grospierre. Both a reference work and a personal exploration of modernist architecture, this fascinating collection of Nicolas Grospierre's photography covers structures built between 1920 and 1989 in Europe, North and South America, the...
Cena: 94,95 zł
- Art-writing at its most useful should share the dynamism, fluidity and passions of the objects of its enquiry, argues Marina Warner. In this new anthology of some of her most compelling work, she captures the visual experience of the work of several artists - with a notable focus on the inner lives of women - through an exploration of the range of stories and symbols to which they allude. Metamorphosis...
Cena: 122,55 zł
- World War I ended, but the fighting continues. Captain Hugh „Bulldog” Drummond forms the Black Gang, aimed at finding those responsible for conspiracies. They set a trap to lure the criminal leader of the gang. However, the criminals began to manipulate the main character. How does it all end?
- Lovecraft has proven that he is a master of descriptive writing that creates a sense of mystery, atmosphere, and dismay. On an expedition to Antarctica, Professor William Dyer and his colleagues discover the remains of ancient half-vegetable, half-animal life-forms. The extremely early date in the geological strata is surprising because of the highly-evolved features found in these previously unknown...
- The Polish Association for the Study of English is the biggest organisation gathering scholars and academics specialising in English studies in Poland and forms a part of the European Society for the Study of English.
Cena: 34,91 zł
- Tool-making or culture, language or religious belief: ever since Darwin, thinkers have struggled to identify what fundamentally differentiates human beings from other animals. In this much-anticipated book, Michael Tomasello weaves his twenty years of comparative studies of humans and great apes into a compelling argument that cooperative social interaction is the key to our cognitive uniqueness. Once...
Cena: 72,73 zł
- This novel, first published in 1922, is a good example of J. S. Fletcher’s complex plots. The story starts with a famous actor gone missing in suspicious circumstances in northern England. But other dark deeds soon take our attention. Copplestone, the young dramatist, helping to solve the mystery, found himself suddenly in love; and the solution and his happiness were discovered together. In the search...
- Ladybird Grammar Workbooks will help young learners aged 4+ to understand and practice the basics of English grammar. These engaging books are carefully graded and mapped against the CEFR (pre-A1 to A2+), and help children prepare for Cambridge English: Young Learners exams. This Level 6 Grammar Workbook helps to practise using the present perfect tense, reported speech, passive forms and more.
Cena: 17,10 zł