- In the history of twentieth century modernism, Henri Matisse is a calm and unstoppable revolution of creative genius. Trained originally in the French classical manner, he was inspired by the Impressionists and Cézanne to create in a style that brought out the beauty of colour, form and line by reducing them to their essentials. While considered a leader of the Fauves and an inspiration to most of...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- "In Paris is a window on the world's most stylish city by two quintessentially Parisian women: Jeanne Damas, the it-girl, model, and actress, and Lauren Bastide, former editor-in-chief of French Elle. Dispelling the myth that there is only one type of Parisian woman, In Parisis made up of profiles of twenty different Parisiennes aged from fourteen to seventy, living in tiny studios or grand apartments,...
Cena: 74,66 zł
- From the 19th-century Arts and Crafts movement to the present day, and from Art Nouveau and Bauhaus to hi-tech and green design, every style of interior design since 1900 is charted in this wide-ranging survey. Design in the 20th century saw an extraordinary evolution, with the emergence of professional interior designers and the growing appetite to redesign homes at frequent intervals. In recent...
Cena: 67,89 zł
- Lucian Freud dedicated his life to portraying the people in his world without flattery or refinement. Although his technique and style evolved tremendously over the decades, Freud never wavered in his uncompromising standards or unsentimental approach to his subjects. This introduction to Freud's life and oeuvre opens with an illuminating essay that explores how Freud's adherence to realism and focus...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- This beautifully illustrated book is a style bible for anyone interested in design and the home. It is arranged into ten distinct chapters, each one concentrating upon a specific interior style or theme. Each chapter is illustrated with ten evocative houses or flats, whose aesthetic essence is captured within an opening double-page spread concentrating on the most spectacular space in the home. Its...
Cena: 119,97 zł
- This visually rich survey – the first of its kind – showcases the work of over 200 artists and celebrates the explosion of street art in Africa over the last decade. Including eleven in-depth interviews with street artists active in Africa today as well as coverage of the continent’s major street art projects, collectives and festivals, it takes the reader on an introductory tour of the many African...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Swedish Modern is a playful introduction to the philosophy and heritage of the Swedish interior design and furniture company Svenskt Tenn, founded in 1924 by Estrid Ericson and joined ten years later by designer and architect Josef Frank. Contrary to the rigid modernism that dominated in their day, theirs was a soft and tolerant style, full of variety, fantasy, humour – and elegance. Line drawings...
Cena: 60,45 zł
- In Birds, devout birder and ornithologist Roger J. Lederer celebrates the heyday of avian illustration in 40 artists' profiles, beginning with the work of Flemish painter Frans Snyders in the early 1600s and continuing through to contemporary artists like Elizabeth Buttersworth, famed for her portraits of macaws. Stretching its wings across time, taxa, geography, and artistic style - from the celebrated...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- An unprecedented overview of the early work of a preeminent 20th-century artist! Diane Arbus (1923–1971) is one of the most distinctive and provocative artists of the twentieth century. Her photographs of children and eccentrics, couples and circus performers, female impersonators and nudists, are among the most recognizable images of our time. This book is the definitive study of the artist’s first...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- " Praca nie tylko wypełnia lukę w polskiej literaturze dotyczącej systemu prawa podatkowego, ale jest oryginalną próbą krystalizacji jednego z ogólnych założeń, jakie powinno przyświecać interpretacji prawa podatkowego. (...) Należy podkreślić, że potrzebę eksponowania zasady in dubio pro tributario autor wspiera nie tylko argumentacją wziętą z obserwacji funkcjonowania systemu podatkowego (tj. stanu...
Cena: 83,37 zł