- In the history of twentieth century modernism, Henri Matisse is a calm and unstoppable revolution of creative genius. Trained originally in the French classical manner, he was inspired by the Impressionists and Cézanne to create in a style that brought out the beauty of colour, form and line by reducing them to their essentials. While considered a leader of the Fauves and an inspiration to most of...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- From the 19th-century Arts and Crafts movement to the present day, and from Art Nouveau and Bauhaus to hi-tech and green design, every style of interior design since 1900 is charted in this wide-ranging survey. Design in the 20th century saw an extraordinary evolution, with the emergence of professional interior designers and the growing appetite to redesign homes at frequent intervals. In recent...
Cena: 67,89 zł
- Lucian Freud dedicated his life to portraying the people in his world without flattery or refinement. Although his technique and style evolved tremendously over the decades, Freud never wavered in his uncompromising standards or unsentimental approach to his subjects. This introduction to Freud's life and oeuvre opens with an illuminating essay that explores how Freud's adherence to realism and focus...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- A fully illustrated guide to the glorious riches of New York's museums and galleries, drawing on the cream of the city's collections to create an easily navigable, narrative history of art. The guide's unique approach allows you to locate your favourite artist or style of art in any museum and follow this throughout the museums of New York. Do you like, say, French art? This book will show you where...
Cena: 64,17 zł
- In Birds, devout birder and ornithologist Roger J. Lederer celebrates the heyday of avian illustration in 40 artists' profiles, beginning with the work of Flemish painter Frans Snyders in the early 1600s and continuing through to contemporary artists like Elizabeth Buttersworth, famed for her portraits of macaws. Stretching its wings across time, taxa, geography, and artistic style - from the celebrated...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- An unprecedented overview of the early work of a preeminent 20th-century artist! Diane Arbus (1923–1971) is one of the most distinctive and provocative artists of the twentieth century. Her photographs of children and eccentrics, couples and circus performers, female impersonators and nudists, are among the most recognizable images of our time. This book is the definitive study of the artist’s first...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- " Praca nie tylko wypełnia lukę w polskiej literaturze dotyczącej systemu prawa podatkowego, ale jest oryginalną próbą krystalizacji jednego z ogólnych założeń, jakie powinno przyświecać interpretacji prawa podatkowego. (...) Należy podkreślić, że potrzebę eksponowania zasady in dubio pro tributario autor wspiera nie tylko argumentacją wziętą z obserwacji funkcjonowania systemu podatkowego (tj. stanu...
Cena: 83,37 zł
- The Code of Commercial Companies is one of the basic legal acts regulating the operations of companies in Poland. The purpose of our translation is to give foreigners who carry out or intend to start carrying out business in Poland an insight into the Code. In our view, a professional translation of legal acts and documents is of vital importance to the business environment. When translating the provisions...
Cena: 115,92 zł
- The story of Christianity is one of colossal undertakings and spectacular successes as well as ferocious intolerance, greed and bloodshed. Bamber Gascoigne traces a clear path through a complicated history, exploring the motives, the passions, the fears and the achievements of the Christians. His approach is objective and he writes in a conversational style, focusing on moments of significant detail...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- An extraordinary survey of Van Gogh’s travels, this book explores the influential artist’s journeys across the continent from his hometown of Zunderf in the southern Netherlands to Auvers-sur-Oise near Paris, where his life came to an end. This publication features hundreds of colour images, including maps, contemporary photographs, and related artworks by Van Gogh, which paint a vivid picture of...
Cena: 79,00 zł