- This mystery that takes place in 1947 in Nice about conflicting political goals between an American and a Chinese. Shortly thereafter, the granting of independence to the Philippine Islands by the United States, Japan attempts to seize them by force. When the Japanese attempt to invade the newly freed islands, their entire fleet is destroyed by a single battleship of the United States Navy using a...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- E. Phillips Oppenheim was a British writer known for his thriller novels. He is credited with writing over 100 novels including suspense, international intrigue, romance, parables, and comedies. His protagonists are known for their love of luxury, gourmet meals, and their enjoyment of criminal activities. „The Pawns Count” is a novel during World War I and intrigue. German, Japanese, British and Americans...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- Big art for little hands, this enchanting activity book allows young artists to explore the world's masterpieces on their own terms and with plenty of space to color outside the lines. This delightful coloring book introduces children to one of the world's most celebrated printmakers, Hokusai. His series Thirtysix Views of Mount Fuji includes some of the most recognizable images in the world, including...
Cena: 27,85 zł
- 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.' In this charming book from 1906, Okakura explores Zen, Taoism, Tea Masters and the significance of the Japanese tea ceremony. One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever...
Cena: 10,23 zł
- Written by an international team of artists, art historians and curators, Art: The Whole Story gives readers unparalleled insights into the world’s most iconic artworks. Organized chronologically, this revised edition traces the evolution of artistic development period by period right up to the present, with the illustrated text covering every genre of art, from painting and sculpture to conceptual...
Cena: 92,07 zł
- Imagine the world if the Allies had lost the Second World War... Philip K. Dick trips the switches of our minds with his vision of the world as it might have been: the African continent virtually wiped out, the Mediterranean drained to make farmland, the United States divided between the Japanese and the Nazis...In the neutral zone that divides the rival superpowers in America lives the author of...
Cena: 37,20 zł
- Be Well delves into one of life’s greatest pleasures; a day spent rejuvenating the body and nourishing the spirit. Humans have practiced self-care for centuries—in the sweat lodges of the American Southwest, Roman baths, the hammams of the Ottoman Empire, Japanese onsens, and Finnish saunas. Today, a new interest in self-care is redefining how we accomplish wellness, and there have never been more...
Cena: 159,03 zł
- Humans have been building homes from wood for thousands of years, and yet, in a contemporary world of option and innovation, the most primitive resource could in fact be the most pertinent. Stretching back to historic Japanese houses, becoming synonymous with resort accommodation, and intertwining itself in the modern trend of hygge, its tactility and warmth have influenced countless architectural...
Cena: 167,40 zł
- This ambitious and fascinating book traces the history of fashion in every part of the world, from Greco-Roman woven-cloth clothing and the silk court dress of the Chinese Tang dynasty to contemporary sportswear designers and Japanese street culture. Organized chronologically, the book traces the evolution of fashion period by period and trend by trend, while detailed timelines provide historical and...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Make and Mend is an exquisite, full-colour guide to sashiko, a simple Japanese stitching technique that uses stunning patterns to decorate or repair clothing, accessories and home textiles - requiring no special equipment other than a sewing needle and some thread!Sashiko is traditionally used to mend and repair clothing and textiles, but it can just as easily be used to create beautiful, decorative...
Cena: 82,77 zł