- Design in Japan is deeply rooted in the country’s historic craft culture, profound understanding of materials and commitment to functionality. These qualities yield chairs, cups and other daily use items which are easy on the eye, comfortable in the hand and always do their job well. Even as mass manufacturing became widespread in the post-war period and cross-cultural exchanges began to take place...
Cena: 223,20 zł
- Poland - Japan. Contemporary Art and Artistic Relations has been prepared in connection with the international conference Jikihitsu. The Signature of the Artist. The Presence of Japanese Tradition in Contemporary Polish Art organised by the Institute of Art Education of the Maria Grzegorzewska University in Warsaw, the Polish Institute of World Art Studies and the Association of Polish Architects in...
Cena: 73,47 zł
- In the 1930s the history of Japanese photography evolved in two very different directions: one toward documentary photography, the other favoring an experimental, or avant-garde, approach strongly influenced by Western Surrealism. This book explores these two strains of modern Japanese photography through the work of two remarkable figures: Hiroshi Hamaya and Kansuke Yamamoto. Hiroshi Hamaya (1915–1999)...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- Written by an international team of artists, art historians and curators, Art: The Whole Story gives readers unparalleled insights into the world’s most iconic artworks. Organized chronologically, this revised edition traces the evolution of artistic development period by period right up to the present, with the illustrated text covering every genre of art, from painting and sculpture to conceptual...
Cena: 92,07 zł
- Humans have been building homes from wood for thousands of years, and yet, in a contemporary world of option and innovation, the most primitive resource could in fact be the most pertinent. Stretching back to historic Japanese houses, becoming synonymous with resort accommodation, and intertwining itself in the modern trend of hygge, its tactility and warmth have influenced countless architectural...
Cena: 167,40 zł
- This ambitious and fascinating book traces the history of fashion in every part of the world, from Greco-Roman woven-cloth clothing and the silk court dress of the Chinese Tang dynasty to contemporary sportswear designers and Japanese street culture. Organized chronologically, the book traces the evolution of fashion period by period and trend by trend, while detailed timelines provide historical and...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser was a painter. He created original graphic works lithographs, silkscreens, mixed media, etchings, and aquatint as well as Japanese woodcuts. This bibliophilic gem is a Hundertwasser original, the first book designed and laid out by the artist himself. Bound in black linen, foil-embossed, and printed in six colours, this book features illustrations of all 71 of Hundertwasser...
Cena: 79,00 zł
- Hokusai created sublime works during the last thirty years of his life, right up to his death at the age of ninety. Publications have hitherto presented his long career as a chronological sequence. This book takes a fresh approach based on innovative scholarship: thematic groupings of works are related to the major spiritual and artistic quests of Hokusai’s life. Hokusai’s personal beliefs are studied...
Cena: 162,75 zł
- 'One of the greatest music photographers of all time...this book is indispensable to anyone who is a fan of Morrissey, or of great photography 'Classic Pop magazine 'Unsurprisingly, given Cummin's history, the photographs are beautifully composed, from the live shots with their webbing of shredded shirts and outstretched arms to the lyrical portraits on staircases or Japanese streets'Q MagazineTaken...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- The Khalili Collection of kimonos comprises over 200 garments spanning 300 years of Japanese textile artistry. The form of the T-shaped, straight-seamed, front-wrapping kimono has changed very little over the centuries, yet the collection reveals an astonishing variety of designs. The garments presented here convey the remarkable creativity of designers who produced works of art that would enfold the...
Cena: 180,42 zł