- Can we truly know the one we love? In this painfully candid book Marcel Proust looks straight into the green eye of every lover’s jealous struggle. He broods on why we are driven to try possess one another, how jealousy can outlive death, and whether we can ever reclaim those careless days of first love. There is no greater chronicler of jealousy’s darkest fears and destructive suspicions than Proust....
Cena: 15,01 zł
- The story of a Russian family and their interfamily relations, in which there are jealousy, secret love cravings and the usual altercations that occur within a few days. The end of this play is the easiest prose ever written. Family in provincial Russia, which is getting closer to bankruptcy, many of whose members live in the past, unrequited love and breaking ties.
- Ethel Lina White is a lover of intriguing stories. One of these is „Put Out the Light”. This is a terrible, exciting story of love, disappointment and jealousy, bred in a gloomy house on a hill. Florence Pye read in the cards, „Death to an old woman. Her prophesy came true, silently and violently in the depths of the night. What Miss Pie didn’t foresee was that she would find the body first.
- The story of Staunton and Barstow, who are witnesses of a strange spectacle at a bar in an Austrian village. The aristocrat begins a formidable target training session on some playing cards – the Five of Hearts and the Five of Spades. Barstow remains to witness this several times. Further stories of love, revenge, jealousy and destiny complete this exciting volume.
- This is a story of graft and corruption set in one of Fletchers favoured Northern towns. The mayor who is on a clean-up campaign is found dead in his parlour and our hero, his younger cousin, is determined to find out who killed him. Was he eliminated for this reason? There are entanglements involving city officials and his proposed reforms plus jealousy related to relationships. Lots of twists with...
- The Winter's Tale, one of Shakespeare's later romantic comedies, offers a striking and challenging mixture of tragic and violent events, lyrical love-speeches, farcical comedy, pastoral song and dance, and, eventually, dramatic revelations and reunions. Thematically, there is a rich orchestration of the contrasts between age and youth, corruption and innocence, decline and regeneration. Both Leontes'...
Cena: 10,97 zł
- Addictive' Amazon reviewer 'Impossible to put down' Amazon reviewer 'Twists and turns galore' Amazon reviewer From the internationally bestselling authors of The Wife Between Us comes this electrifying new psychological thriller about truth, lies and deadly obsession . . . When Jessica signs up for a psychology study conducted by the mysterious Dr Shields, she thinks all she’ll have to do is answer...
Cena: 34,20 zł
- Along with Zane Grey and William MacLeod Raine, Charles Alden Seltzer is remembered today as an originator of what’s often called the formula western. In it, a cowboy hero, who is fast with a gun, meets and subdues a vicious villain and who also wins the heart and hand of a pretty sweetheart. „The Two-Gun Man” has all these elements firmly in place. It is set at an unspecified time in the open ranges...
- If you have a fondness for mystery you should find this novel to be an entertaining read. Lord Alceston, the Earl of Harrowdean, statesman, philanthropist, nobleman, is murdered in his own study on the night of a great ball given at his home. On the same night a mysterious woman is murdered in the slums of East London. The valet disappears. Thus begins a moody and dramatic tale of love, jealousy, and...
- „The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman” is a novel set in the era surrounding the days of women’s suffrage. The story revolves around the wife of a baking magnate who goes into hiding after his female employees go on strike. Although the hero of this novel Sir Isaac Harman didn’t think much of the suffragette movement, his female employees certainly did, and he thought it prescient that he too should do his...