- The Gambler - a short novel by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, a Russian novelist, philosopher and short story writer. Many literary critics rate him as one of the greatest psychological novelists in world literature. The first-person narrative is told from the point of view of Alexei Ivanovich, a tutor working for a Russian family living in a suite at a German hotel. The patriarch of the family, The General,...
Cena: 12,08 zł
- Controversies, sometimes bitter controversies, are an inherent element of international relations. Conflicting interests, different values, overlapping spheres of influences... all this make dispute settlement mechanisms crucial elements of international system. Searching for cooperation mechanisms that may help in overcoming existing controversies in Asia is the main topic of this monograph. ...
Cena: 16,23 zł
- The mortality modeling and forecasting is of fundamental importance in many areas, such as funding of public and private pensions, life insurance, the care of the elderly or the provision of health services. The book is an attempt to approach this subject from a new theoretical point of view, using theory of stochastic differential equations, theory of fuzzy numbers and complex numbers. These notes...
Cena: 20,88 zł
Towards the Modern Theory of Motion. Oxford Calculators and the new interpretation of Aristotle – ebookThe problem of the continuity of science from the medieval to the modern times of the 17 th century, when Galileo and Newton developed the correct theory of mechanics, occupied historians of science from the beginning of the 20 th century. Some believe that the fourteenth-century English scholars who created the School of Oxford Calculators and their French and Italian followers. with their solutions,...
Cena: 23,20 zł
- JEDNA Z NAJPOPULARNIEJSZYCH SERII SENSACYJNYCH NA ŚWIECIE: PONAD 100 MILIONÓW SPRZEDANYCH EGZEMPLARZY KSIĄŻEK, DOSTĘPNYCH W 97 KRAJACH I PRZETŁUMACZONYCH NA 42 JĘZYKI. To już reguła: Reacher wysiada z autobusu - Lee Child ląduje na liście bestsellerów. Wysiadł na postoju, żeby rozprostować kości, i na wystawie lombardu zobaczył znajomo wyglądający sygnet. Takie nosili kadeci West Point,...
Cena: 32,46 zł
- The book concentrates on the crucial Aristotelian concept of politeia, trying to show how its understanding has evolved for years, often towards fallacious interpretations. The text also points out how reconstruction of the original meaning of the concept can help in creating the frames for modern political science to avoid the traps of ethnocentrism and methodological reductionism that appear in most...
Cena: 11,16 zł
European Union - China. Trade Relationships. In the 70 years of born anniversary and 47 years of scientific work – ebookIn this research work, Author focus on the analysis of the trade relationships between European Union and People Republic China. Realistic point is important trends in the trade regime between EU and China. China is already in the process of rebalancing its economy towards greater reliance on domestic drivers of growth, in particular consumption. In order to continue its fast convergence in living...
Cena: 100,44 zł
- The author presents the problem of writing research articles in English as a foreign language by Polish scholars – specialists in linguistics and applied linguistics – for publication in Anglo-American journals. In her book she explores which aspects of the process are the most challenging for the authors and what needs they have in this area. In the light of the current higher education reform and...
Cena: 13,02 zł