- A book with Augmented Reality which allows you to enjoy the 3D images, Games, Music and much more surprises behind each page. The observation and study of the heavens have fascinated every civilisation; some even believed that our planet was the centre of the universe. Today, we know that Earth is just a tiny point in our immense universe.
Cena: 20,89 zł
- This is a book that none of us can afford to ignore – an agenda-setting, campaigning investigation that shows how global finance works for the few and not the many. ** A Financial Times Book of the Year ** ‘Essential reading’ YANIS VAROUFAKIS We need finance – but when finance grows too big it becomes a curse. The City of London is the single biggest drain on our resources, sucking talent out of...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- This publication, entitled Pioneers of African Studies in Kraków, aims to present the beginnings of African Studies in Kraków, which has currently been largely forgotten, while in fact it was in Kraków in the first decades of the 20th century that Bronisław Malinowski (1884-1942) launched his career at the Jagiellonian University, his first Alma Mater, at which he defended his PhD thesis in philosophy...
Cena: 37,20 zł
- Women make up less than 10 per cent of national leaders, and behind this lies a pattern of unequal access to power. In conversation with some of the world's most powerful and interesting women, Women and Leadership explores gender bias and asks why there aren't more women in leadership roles? Using current research as a starting point, Gillard and Okonjo-Iweala form questions and hypotheses, then...
Cena: 47,43 zł
- „Punkt zwrotny” to ostatnia książka Klausa Manna. Chociaż oryginalnie powstała ona w języku angielskim („The Turning Point”) w 1942 roku, to nad autorskim przekładem na język niemiecki Klaus Mann pracował do końca życia, a więc do 1949 roku. W języku niemieckim wychodzi już po jego śmierci. Książka ta stała się jednym z głównych źródeł biografii pisarza, choć jest to raczej powieść autobiograficzna....
Cena: 37,21 zł
- David Bomberg’s art is known mainly for its highly modernist experiments with form during the early twentieth century. In his most famous works from this period, the artist breaks the human figure into clear-cut, geometric shapes and cubes, placed within the context of the crowd, the machine and the city. Yet, after the atrocities of World War One, during which Bomberg was both a soldier and war artist,...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- These are the women who were deemed too nasty for their times. When you learn about (the very few) women in history, it’s hard not to wonder: why do they seem so prim and proper? The truth is, (mostly male) historians keep glossing over the real details, or leaving out the women who threatened their idea of what a woman should be like. Fake news! But fret not. Former Buzzfeed senior writer and Washington...
Cena: 43,71 zł