- Książka "Poland in 1944. The Perspective of Allies and Enemies" jest poświęcona międzynarodowym relacjom politycznym w 1944 r. i znaczeniu, jakie ówczesna Polska miała dla państw względem niej sojuszniczych, wrogich oraz neutralnych. Celem niniejszej publikacji jest ukazanie sytuacji okupowanych jeszcze ziem Rzeczypospolitej z perspektywy zewnętrznej i przybliżenie tych zagadnień czytelnikowi ang...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- With the aim of providing insight into Poland’s prospects of becoming a country of net immigration, this book explores essential aspects in development of immigration processes, focusing on the country’s migration policy, and issues of employment and integration of foreigners. The book fills a niche in migration literature, uncovering the key drivers of inflow of immigrants to Poland. Its unique value...
Cena: 38,08 zł
- This book deals with the important issue of Poland’s adaptation to the EU regulations, norms and values, while striving to maintain its identity in its policies towards Eastern neighbours and Russia. More specifically, the book examines how the EU influences the formation of Poland’s policies, and at the same time, how Poland’s point of view is changing the EU’s approach towards the East. The originality...
Cena: 36,13 zł
- Originally published in 1941, this book presents a comprehensive history of Poland from 1697 to 1935. The text was begun on the initiative of the renowned Cambridge historian Harold Temperley (1879–1939), who arranged numerous meetings with Polish and British historians in relation to the project, and was completed following his death. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in Poland...
Cena: 133,93 zł
- Companies listed in stock exchanges need to actively engage with investors but little research has been done into corporate communication practices in emerging markets. The goal of this book is to describe the textual communication between companies listed at the Warsaw Stock Exchange, equity analysts and investors. We present the results of three empirical studies of financial texts written in the...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- Poland - Japan. Contemporary Art and Artistic Relations has been prepared in connection with the international conference Jikihitsu. The Signature of the Artist. The Presence of Japanese Tradition in Contemporary Polish Art organised by the Institute of Art Education of the Maria Grzegorzewska University in Warsaw, the Polish Institute of World Art Studies and the Association of Polish Architects in...
Cena: 73,47 zł
- Based on extensive original research, including interviews with key participants, this book investigates the sudden and unforeseen collapse of communist power in Poland in 1989. It sets out the sequence of events, and examines the strategies of the various political groupings prior to the partially free election of June 1989. This volume argues that the specific negotiating strategies adopted by the...
Cena: 157,17 zł
- This book – Living and working in a social welfare home in Poland. A sociological study on the interaction of personnel with mentally handicapped charges – is an empirical study carried out in accordance with the methodology of grounded theory. In it I focus on presenting and reconstructing those aspects of developing an institutional order which refer directly to the level of interactions, with special...
Cena: 42,97 zł
Enterprise accounting and management under globalization: recent evidence from Poland and Lithuania – książkaThe aim of this study is to explore the impact of globalziation processes on selected areas of accounting, management and marketing in Poland and Lithuania. It offers analysis of the present situation in these countries with regard to participation in globalization processes - accelerating as a result of entry to the European Union - and presentation of the authors' observations, experiences the findings...
Cena: 27,34 zł
- The dialogue and cooperation of social partners is one of the constitutional pillars of the economic system of the Republic of Poland (Art. 20 of the Constitution of Poland.The term “social partners” is generally understood as trade unions and employers’ organisations. The constitutional regulation concerns various levels of functioning of the economy – from central, through regional and local, to...
Cena: 21,48 zł