- ‘Karin Slaughter is simply one of the best thriller writers working today, and Cop Town shows the author at the top of her game - relentless pacing, complex characters, and gritty realism, all set against the backdrop of a city on the edge. Slaughter’s eye for detail and truth is unmatched . . . I’d follow her anywhere.’ Gillian Flynn, author of Gone Girl Atlanta, 1974. As a brutal killing and a furious...
Cena: 39,99 zł
- The study of law is, first and foremost, the study of a human practice. The full account of the practice of law can be given by explaining legal rule-following behaviour not only from the scientific, i.e. objective, perspective, but also from that of the person who must decide how she will respond to the law. Answers to various and persistent jurisprudential questions – such as “what is the law?” or...
Cena: 185,07 zł
- Apart from a new tale, we have also prepared an absolutely amazing thing – a comic book album drawn by Tomasz Bereźnicki, based on the second volume of Bearish Tales („Baśń jak niedźwiedź”), entitled „Sanctum Regnum”(„Święte królestwo”). We decided to simultaneously publish it in two languages, because, as an editor and author, I do not want to pay lip service. I have once made a promise to the readers...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- As Director of the National Underwater and Marine Agency, Dirk Pitt has always had a knack for finding rouble. This time, though, trouble has found him . . . On a NUMA mission to the Black Sea to locate the wreck of a lost Ottoman Empire ship, Pitt and his friend Al Giordino respond to an urgent Mayday from a nearby freighter. But by the time they reach the area there's no one left alive - just dead...
Cena: 27,90 zł
- Providing an overview of the formative years of a junior doctor’s career, The Foundation Programme at a Glance consolidates the generic and condition-specific skills required to excel in this stage of training. Taking a simple and holistic approach to providing support for junior doctors, it integrates text and image content to suit all learning styles. Sections include advice on making the most of...
Cena: 130,85 zł
- Adolescence is a pivotal time in a girl's life. The development of educational, physical, psychosocial, familial, political and economic capabilities enable girls to reach their full potential and contribute to the wellbeing of their families and society. However, progress is still significantly constrained by discriminatory gender norms and the related attitudes and practices which restrict girls’...
Cena: 83,70 zł
- This standard introduction to visual art since 1945 has been revised, updated and redesigned for the first time since 2001. Movements, trends and individual artists from abstract expressionism to the present day are summarized, with detailed coverage of major developments such as pop art, conceptual and performance work, minimal art, neo-expressionist and figurative painting, the YBAs and the globalized...
Cena: 76,26 zł
- ‘… the shadow turned round; and I saw a terrible death’s-head, which darted a look at me from a pair of scorching eyes. I felt as if I were face to face with Satan…’ Erik, the Phantom of the Paris Opera House, is one of the great icons of horror literature. This tormented and disfigured creature has made his home in the labyrinthine cellars of this opulent building where he can indulge in his great...
Cena: 13,95 zł
- The Wonderful World of the Wizard of Oz, which the the Library of Congress named as 'America's greatest and best-loved homegrown fairytale', is one of the great works of children's literature. The story concerns Dorothy, a young girl from Kansas, who, with her little dog Toto, is caught up in a terrifying tornado, which whisks her far away to the magical land of Oz. Here she encounters the Munchkins,...
Cena: 10,74 zł
- 'Such a raw, honest and important book' Giovanna Fletcher Like any new mum, Laura Dockrill felt rather overwhelmed after the birth of her son. But a slow recovery, sleep deprivation and anxiety quickly escalated into postpartum psychosis, and she had to spend a fortnight in a psych ward, separated from her family. It was only when Laura began to put her ordeal into words that she began to find herself...
Cena: 41,85 zł