- Short Stories from the Nineteenth Century is a wonderful collection of classic stories specially selected and introduced by David Stuart Davies. These are tales from the golden age of the great storytellers presenting evocative snapshots from that bygone era while at the same time providing engaging entertainment and stimulation for the modern reader.
- Saki (H.H. Munro) stands alongside Anton Chekhov and O Henry as a master of the short story. His extraordinary stories are a mixture of humorous satire, irony and the macabre, in which the stupidities and hypocrisy of conventional society are viciously pilloried. This collection includes Sredni Vastor and The Unrest Cure. 'We all know that Prime Ministers are wedded to the truth, but like other married...
- An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of Russian. Olly’s top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work – and you will too! – Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller...
Cena: 51,15 zł
Short Stories by Edgar Allan Poe. Opowiadania Edgara Allana Poe w wersji do nauki angielskiego – audiobookJęzyk angielski Poziom B2 Lubisz czytać dobre powieści a jednocześnie chcesz doskonalić swój angielski? Mamy dla Ciebie idealne połączenie! Klasyka literatury światowej w wersji do nauki języka angielskiego. Groza, horror i fantasy, czyli jak miło i przyjemnie doskonalić swój angielski Edgar Allan Poe jest uważany za jednego z prekursorów powieści grozy, horroru, ale także science-fiction...
Cena: 23,16 zł
- Wessex Tales was the first collection of Hardy's short stories, and they reflect the experience of a novelist at the height of his powers. These seven tales, in which characters and scenes are imbued with a haunting realism, show considerable diversity of content, form and style, and range from fantasy to realism and from tragedy to comedy. In insisting on the unusual nature of any story worth the...
- In ‘The Death of a Civil Servant’, an administrative clerk accidentally sneezes on a hierarchical superior at the opera, which results in great embarrassment and hilarious and futile attempts at atonement. The other short stories included in this volume, ‘A Calculated Marriage’, ‘The Culprit’, ‘The Exclamation Mark’, ‘The Speech-Maker’, ‘Who Is to Blame?’ and ‘A Defenceless Creature’ are in the same...
Cena: 17,58 zł
- Austin Duffy grew up in Ireland and studied medicine at Trinity College Dublin. He is a practising medical oncologist at the National Cancer Institute in Washington DC, where he now lives with his wife and son. In 2011, Duffy was awarded RTE's Francis MacManus award for his short story 'Orca'. This Living and Immortal Thing is his first novel.
Cena: 64,17 zł
- Edgar Allan Poe was a writer of uncommon talent; in The Murders in the Rue Morgue he created the genre of detective fiction while his genius for finding the strangeness lurking within us all has been an influence on everyone from Freud to Hollywood. This complete collection of all his short stories and novellas contains well-known tales 'The Pit and the Pendulum' and 'The Tell-Tale Heart' alongside...