- Lively and informative, The World Atlas of Tattoo is a superbly illustrated and compelling reference book that, through examining the meeting point between tattoo artists and their personal understanding of their environment, presents a well-informed and nuanced account of what has become a widespread art practice. Organized geographically, each section is introduced by a short historical overview...
Cena: 115,32 zł
- Swedish Modern is a playful introduction to the philosophy and heritage of the Swedish interior design and furniture company Svenskt Tenn, founded in 1924 by Estrid Ericson and joined ten years later by designer and architect Josef Frank. Contrary to the rigid modernism that dominated in their day, theirs was a soft and tolerant style, full of variety, fantasy, humour – and elegance. Line drawings...
Cena: 60,45 zł
- Dzieło autorstwa jednego z czołowych humanistów renesansowych XV w., Leona Battisty Albertiego (1404–1472). Na tom składa się sto utworów należących do gatunku literackiego zwanego apologiem – bajką filozoficzną lub alegoryczną. Krótkie opowiadania zawierają naukę moralną, często niewypowiedzianą, wynikającą z opisanej historii. Książka jest pierwszym polskim tłumaczeniem autorstwa Włodzimierza Olszańca,...
Cena: 33,48 zł
- Picasso was arguably the most influential artist of the 20th century. Over the course of a career that spanned seven decades - and included thousands of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, drawings, prints, and tapestries -his work continued to evolve in response to his own life and to events in the world around him. This elegant introduction to Picasso offers lively artistic and biographical commentary,...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- The photographer and visual artist Erik Johansson creates surreal worlds through his own unique method. It often takes him months just to make one image, in a process where his photographs are combined so that an original place emerges. The result is often humorous, sometimes even scary, but always mind-blowing. Erik Johansson has become world-famous through his captivating and detailed images. Places...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- The emergence of cultural urban studies in the 21st century is a component of the global, intellectual landscape. In the historical perspective, there are studies on cultural urban studies in England an few studies on urban cultural studies in several states of the world. The various emergences of this intellectual query can be seen from the beginning of the 20th century all over the world, but only...
Cena: 54,87 zł
- Five centuries of fascinating female creativity presented in more than 400 compelling artworks and one comprehensive volume The most extensive fully illustrated book of women artists ever published, Great Women Artists reflects an era where art made by women is more prominent than ever. In museums, galleries, and the art market, previously overlooked female artists, past and present, are now gaining...
Cena: 186,00 zł
- Until recently, the awkward moments of growing up could be forgotten. But today we may be on the verge of losing the ability to leave our pasts behind. In The End of Forgetting, Kate Eichhorn explores what happens when images of our younger selves persist, often remaining just a click away. For today's teenagers, many of whom spend hours each day posting on social media platforms, efforts to move beyond...
Cena: 78,82 zł
- The Victorian Royal Nursery attempts to shed more light on the nursery for the children of Queen Victoria. It examines the creation, organisation, and financing of the nursery, with a consideration of the most important individuals who looked after the Royal children, namely the medical staff, wet nurses, monthly nurses, permanent nurses, governesses and subgovernesses. The study is based mostly on...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- Magdalena Abakanowicz (1930) today is revered for her uncompromising, individualistic vision developed in her native Poland under the hostile eyes of the repressive Communist regime that was in power for most of her adult life. She has personally witnessed the worst of humanity’s instinct for destructive behavior and has made art that unflinchingly presents the human condition. She had, by the 1960s,...
Cena: 143,22 zł