- As so much technology is forgotten once it is superseded, this is a celebration of machines, industrial design and techno-utopianism of an era in the not-so-distant past. Conceived as a visual sourcebook of the most popular, most powerful and most idiosyncratic computers to grace our workspaces, this timely publication offers a reflection on how far we’ve come and a nostalgic look at a time when digital...
Cena: 112,53 zł
- This book encompasses the essential range of information on technical aspects of mechanical design. It was written primarily for the students and staff of chemistry faculties of technical universities, yet it may also be utilized by everyone, who ether would like to try or already enjoys designing, but cannot take advantage of typical stress & machine construction handbooks. These handbooks often require...
Cena: 64,17 zł
- As humans continue to degrade and destroy our planet’s resources, leading to predictions of total ecological collapse, some (such as the entrepreneur Elon Musk) now suggest that a human colony elsewhere may be our species’ best hope for survival. Adam Morton examines extra-terrestrial colonization plans with a critical eye. He makes a strong case for colonization – just not by human beings. Humans...
Cena: 46,83 zł
- Making interior design choices can be daunting in a world flooded with trend-setting Instagram posts and Pinterest boards. Russell and Jordan specialize in designing homes for clients who know what they love but struggle to know where to start. Their fresh approach is nothing short of a design revolution, enabling readers to free their homes by creating interiors that express their personality and...
Cena: 93,00 zł
- Until recently, the awkward moments of growing up could be forgotten. But today we may be on the verge of losing the ability to leave our pasts behind. In The End of Forgetting, Kate Eichhorn explores what happens when images of our younger selves persist, often remaining just a click away. For today's teenagers, many of whom spend hours each day posting on social media platforms, efforts to move beyond...
Cena: 78,82 zł
- "Deep Fakes and the Infocalypse is an urgent, thoughtful and thoroughly-researched book that raises uncomfortable questions about the way that information is being distorted by states and individuals... A must-read." - Greg Williams, Editor in Chief of WIRED UK "Essential reading for any one interested about the shocking way information is and will be manipulated." - Lord Edward Vaizey "Schick's...
Cena: 37,20 zł