- As so much technology is forgotten once it is superseded, this is a celebration of machines, industrial design and techno-utopianism of an era in the not-so-distant past. Conceived as a visual sourcebook of the most popular, most powerful and most idiosyncratic computers to grace our workspaces, this timely publication offers a reflection on how far we’ve come and a nostalgic look at a time when digital...
Cena: 112,53 zł
- Poetic, somewhat absurd and in some places dark - such are the short folktales of this book. Most of them come out of traditional African folklore though, in the rendition of children storytellers, with a rather distinctive flavour.
Cena: 54,87 zł
- Lively and informative, The World Atlas of Tattoo is a superbly illustrated and compelling reference book that, through examining the meeting point between tattoo artists and their personal understanding of their environment, presents a well-informed and nuanced account of what has become a widespread art practice. Organized geographically, each section is introduced by a short historical overview...
Cena: 115,32 zł
- The emergence of cultural urban studies in the 21st century is a component of the global, intellectual landscape. In the historical perspective, there are studies on cultural urban studies in England an few studies on urban cultural studies in several states of the world. The various emergences of this intellectual query can be seen from the beginning of the 20th century all over the world, but only...
Cena: 54,87 zł
- Long-distance trekking, short day trips out of town, an extended weekend escapade—Wanderlust USA has it all. America is a hiker’s paradise: a patchwork of diverse wildlife, breathtaking vistas, and once-in-a-lifetime challenges, woven together by the nation’s countless trails. From the depths of the Grand Canyon to the slopes of Denali, the continent’s highest peak, Wanderlust USA takes you to the...
Cena: 166,47 zł
- Dzieło autorstwa jednego z czołowych humanistów renesansowych XV w., Leona Battisty Albertiego (1404–1472). Na tom składa się sto utworów należących do gatunku literackiego zwanego apologiem – bajką filozoficzną lub alegoryczną. Krótkie opowiadania zawierają naukę moralną, często niewypowiedzianą, wynikającą z opisanej historii. Książka jest pierwszym polskim tłumaczeniem autorstwa Włodzimierza Olszańca,...
Cena: 33,48 zł
- Picasso was arguably the most influential artist of the 20th century. Over the course of a career that spanned seven decades - and included thousands of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, drawings, prints, and tapestries -his work continued to evolve in response to his own life and to events in the world around him. This elegant introduction to Picasso offers lively artistic and biographical commentary,...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- The photographer and visual artist Erik Johansson creates surreal worlds through his own unique method. It often takes him months just to make one image, in a process where his photographs are combined so that an original place emerges. The result is often humorous, sometimes even scary, but always mind-blowing. Erik Johansson has become world-famous through his captivating and detailed images. Places...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Swedish Modern is a playful introduction to the philosophy and heritage of the Swedish interior design and furniture company Svenskt Tenn, founded in 1924 by Estrid Ericson and joined ten years later by designer and architect Josef Frank. Contrary to the rigid modernism that dominated in their day, theirs was a soft and tolerant style, full of variety, fantasy, humour – and elegance. Line drawings...
Cena: 60,45 zł
- Making interior design choices can be daunting in a world flooded with trend-setting Instagram posts and Pinterest boards. Russell and Jordan specialize in designing homes for clients who know what they love but struggle to know where to start. Their fresh approach is nothing short of a design revolution, enabling readers to free their homes by creating interiors that express their personality and...
Cena: 93,00 zł