- As so much technology is forgotten once it is superseded, this is a celebration of machines, industrial design and techno-utopianism of an era in the not-so-distant past. Conceived as a visual sourcebook of the most popular, most powerful and most idiosyncratic computers to grace our workspaces, this timely publication offers a reflection on how far we’ve come and a nostalgic look at a time when digital...
Cena: 112,53 zł
- Poetic, somewhat absurd and in some places dark - such are the short folktales of this book. Most of them come out of traditional African folklore though, in the rendition of children storytellers, with a rather distinctive flavour.
Cena: 54,87 zł
- The emergence of cultural urban studies in the 21st century is a component of the global, intellectual landscape. In the historical perspective, there are studies on cultural urban studies in England an few studies on urban cultural studies in several states of the world. The various emergences of this intellectual query can be seen from the beginning of the 20th century all over the world, but only...
Cena: 54,87 zł
- Fully updated to reflect current medical and nursing practice, this Eleventh Edition of Textbook of Basic Nursing covers all areas of the curriculum, including Anatomy & Physiology, Fundamentals, Skills, Adult Health, Growth and Development, Mental Health, Maternity and Pediatrics, and Geriatric Considerations. Based on the NCLEX-PN framework, this engaging and comprehensive text provides everything...
Cena: 397,58 zł
- Could drugs offer a new way of seeing the world? In 1953, in the presence of an investigator, Aldous Huxley took four-tenths of a gramme of mescalin, sat down and waited to see what would happen. When he opened his eyes everything, from the flowers in a vase to the creases in his trousers, was transformed. His account of his experience, and his vision for all that psychedelics could offer to mankind,...
Cena: 14,65 zł
- Lively and informative, The World Atlas of Tattoo is a superbly illustrated and compelling reference book that, through examining the meeting point between tattoo artists and their personal understanding of their environment, presents a well-informed and nuanced account of what has become a widespread art practice. Organized geographically, each section is introduced by a short historical overview...
Cena: 115,32 zł
- Picasso was arguably the most influential artist of the 20th century. Over the course of a career that spanned seven decades - and included thousands of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, drawings, prints, and tapestries -his work continued to evolve in response to his own life and to events in the world around him. This elegant introduction to Picasso offers lively artistic and biographical commentary,...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- Swedish Modern is a playful introduction to the philosophy and heritage of the Swedish interior design and furniture company Svenskt Tenn, founded in 1924 by Estrid Ericson and joined ten years later by designer and architect Josef Frank. Contrary to the rigid modernism that dominated in their day, theirs was a soft and tolerant style, full of variety, fantasy, humour – and elegance. Line drawings...
Cena: 60,45 zł
- Dzieło autorstwa jednego z czołowych humanistów renesansowych XV w., Leona Battisty Albertiego (1404–1472). Na tom składa się sto utworów należących do gatunku literackiego zwanego apologiem – bajką filozoficzną lub alegoryczną. Krótkie opowiadania zawierają naukę moralną, często niewypowiedzianą, wynikającą z opisanej historii. Książka jest pierwszym polskim tłumaczeniem autorstwa Włodzimierza Olszańca,...
Cena: 33,48 zł
- A short gift book of festive hospital diaries from the author of million-copy bestseller This is Going to Hurt Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat . . . but 1.4 million NHS staff are heading off to work. In this perfect present for anyone who has ever set foot in a hospital, Adam Kay delves back into his diaries for a hilarious, horrifying and sometimes heartbreaking peek behind the blue...
Cena: 40,92 zł