- 'Subversive, radical, written with total glee and rollicking sense of unlimited possibility. Williams is one to watch' Stylist If you feed a starving woman, what will she grow into? Twenty-nine year old Roberta has spent her whole life hungry. So she invents Supper Club: a secret society for women sick of bad men and bad sex. Fed up of being told to talk less, take less, be less, they gather after...
Cena: 39,06 zł
- In 1918 Ernest Hemingway went to war. He volunteered for ambulance service in Italy, was wounded and twice decorated. Out of his experience came A Farewell to Arms. Hemingway’s unforgettable book recreates the fear, the courage and the comradeship of warfare with total conviction. But A Farewell to Arms is not only a novel of war, it is also a love story of immense drama and uncompromising passion. This...
Cena: 41,01 zł
- At the terrible heart of the modern age lies Auschwitz. In a total inversion of earlier hopes about the use of science and technology to improve, extend and protect human life, Auschwitz manipulated the same systems to quite different ends. In Sybille Steinbacher's terse, powerful new book, the reader is led through the process by which something unthinkable to any European in the 1930s had become...
Cena: 39,55 zł
- I'm Johanna Morrigan. It's 1995. I'm nineteen and I live in the epicentre of Britpop. Parklife! My unrequited love, John Kite, is busy with a Number One album, world-tour, drugs, and a nervous breakdown. So, I've started hanging out with hot young comedian Jerry Sharp. Big mistake. "He's a vampire," my friend Suzanne warns. "One of those men who destroys bright young girls. Also, he's a total dick." Unfortunately,...
Cena: 33,48 zł
- It was beginning to look as though no one could prevent the annihilation of the civilized Universe. For a weird intelligence was directing the destruction of all civilization from the icy depths of outer space. Kim Kinnison of the Galactic Patrol was one of the few men who knew how near the end was. And in the last desperate stratagem to save the Universe from total destruction, he knew he had to...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- As humans continue to degrade and destroy our planet’s resources, leading to predictions of total ecological collapse, some (such as the entrepreneur Elon Musk) now suggest that a human colony elsewhere may be our species’ best hope for survival. Adam Morton examines extra-terrestrial colonization plans with a critical eye. He makes a strong case for colonization – just not by human beings. Humans...
Cena: 46,83 zł
- On 27 October 2018 the synagogue where Bari Weiss became a bat mitzvah was the site of the deadliest attack on Jews in American history. For most of us, the massacre in Pittsburgh came as a total shock. But to those who have been paying attention, it was only a more violent, extreme expression of the broader trend that has been sweeping Europe and the US for the past two decades. No longer the exclusive...
Cena: 62,31 zł