- One day, Mole leaves his home for the wonderful world of the river. He meets the friendly Water Rat, kind Badger – and Toad, who loves fast cars a little too much. Includes a word list, 5 pages of activities and free online audio (British English and American English). 800 headwords 2399 words
Cena: 29,45 zł
- Toru Okada's cat has disappeared. His wife is growing more distant every day. Then there are the increasingly explicit telephone calls he has recently been receiving. As this compelling story unfolds, the tidy suburban realities of Okada's vague and blameless life, spent cooking, reading, listening to jazz and opera and drinking beer at the kitchen table, are turned inside out. He embarks on a bizarre...
Cena: 46,55 zł
- Follow the funny adventures of Mole, Rat, Badger and Toad! Can the animals help Toad get his home back from the weasels? Ladybird Readers is a graded reading series of traditional tales, popular characters, modern stories, and non-fiction, written for young learners of English as a foreign or second language. Recommended for children aged 4+, the eight levels of Readers and Activity Books follow...
Cena: 17,10 zł
- The long tapers flickered, sending the black shadows wavering along the walls, and the velvet tapestries rippled. Yet there was no wind in the chamber. Four men stood about the ebony table on which lay the green sarcophagus that gleamed like carven jade. In the upraised right hand of each man a curious black candle burned with a weird greenish light. Outside was night and a lost wind moaning among...
- This is a goose bump story. In early October, on one stormy night, when the wind blew into a storm, and rain fell on her. The main character walked in all the rain from the station. This helped her strike a mortal blow. But she would still die. She didn’t want anything but to return to the old house and die.
- Unfold the giant track, wind up Thomas and watch him travel around Sodor, through the station, past the level crossing and the seaside and all the way to the circus! Then read the story that follows his journey, meetings lots of friends along the way.
Cena: 79,80 zł
- Hoofs drummed down the street that sloped to the wharfs. The folk that yelled and scattered had only a fleeting glimpse of a mailed figure on a black stallion, a wide scarlet cloak flowing out on the wind. Far up the street came the shout and clatter of pursuit, but the horseman did not look back. He swept out onto the wharfs and jerked the plunging stallion back on its haunches at the very lip of...
- The castles of the Twelfth Century, fortresses rather than mere dwellings, were built for defense, not comfort. The hall through which the drunken band was hallooing was broad, lofty, windy, strewn with rushes, now but faintly lighted by the dying embers in a great ill-ventilated fireplace. Rude, sail-like hangings along the walls rippled in the wind that found its way through.
- And then a dark figure came out of the shadow between two tents. This other man was probably a policeman, Patan, and by contrast between these two people, even in the dark, one could even say that one of them was white. The white man ducked, escaped from capture and retreated to his tent. The color was born and danced through millions of prisms, the wind intensified, and the camp slowly woke up.
- The clamour of crushing boughs and howling wind sank every now and then into insignificance before the roaring of deep-throated guns, whose red fire flashed out across what seemed to be a bottomless abyss. Below, the army of the Turks decimated in numbers, yet still a host, within the walls of Crersa, the defenders of an oppressed and brave country making their last stand in their ancient strongho...