- Roald Dahl's much-loved story, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, about how Charlie Bucket wins a ticket to visit Willy Wonka's amazing chocolate factory is turned into a play for children to act. With tips about scenery, props and lighting, the play is easy to stage and there are lots of parts for everyone.Roald Dahl, the best-loved of children's writers, died in 1990 but his books continue to be...
- ‘As enlightening about crime in modern society as any book I have read’ The Times ‘A richly researched, supremely sane discussion of the causes of and ways of preventing crime. From bobbies on the beat (they don’t reduce crime), to the idea that “prison works” (it doesn’t), Gash’s important book may well change your attitude to criminality and the justice system’ Guardian There are two myths about...
- Dear Reader, In February 2013 I gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. Standing a few feet from President Obama, I warned my fellow citizens of the dangers facing our country and called for a return to the principles that made America great. Many Americans heard and responded, but our nation’s decline has continued. Today the danger is greater than ever before, and I have never shared a...
Cena: 95,33 zł
- A deceptively simple adventure into the unknown using only paper, a pencil and a single lineWreck This Journal had a simple premise: destroy the book in all the ways you can imagine.The Line is even simpler: find pencil, start a line.As you move through the pages of Keri Smith's newest book, you'll be asked to let your line meander, explore the book's gutter, and jump around the edges of the pages....
- Through investigations into a wide range of sports, including how football agents really work, the betting industry and corruption, esports, the NFL’s efforts to take over the world and the real cost of hosting events like the World Cup and the Olympics, the financial realities of our obsession with sport are exposed.
Cena: 86,08 zł
- 'He reflected in future retrospect on the evening and foretold every gesture, every word. "I can't do it," he said. "I can predict everything that will happen from the moment they arrive to the little kiss on the cheek goodbye and I just can't goddamn do it."'
Cena: 43,01 zł
- The city of Darien lies at the heart of a dying empire. Twelve families spoil for a throne soon to be made vacant - by murder or civil war. Into this fevered, hungry city come six strangers: An orphan and an old swordsman. A hunter and a pitiless killer. A young thief and a cynical chancer. As the sun sinks the city will know no slumber. For long dormant passions have awoken. Fortunes will be...
Cena: 35,11 zł
- Alphabet Ice Cream A is for apple, B is for bat, C is for crocodile, camel and cat . . . Here is a unique and special alphabet book. This very simple text is about two friends, Sue and Nick, who like very different things but are still best friends. They take us through all their favourite things from ABC all the way to XYZ . . . X can mean kiss, Y is for yoghurt and yum and yuk too, Z is for zoom,...
Cena: 37,20 zł
- Three seasonal stories set in Paris at Christmas, from the celebrated creator of Inspector Maigret. It is Christmas in Paris, but beneath the sparkling lights and glittering decorations lie sinister deeds and dark secrets... This collection brings together three of Simenon's most enjoyable Christmas tales, newly translated, featuring Inspector Maigret and other characters from the Maigret novels....
Cena: 35,12 zł
- Every time we are introduced to someone new, try to be creative, or start a difficult conversation, we take a risk. We feel uncertain and exposed. We feel vulnerable. Most of us try to fight those feelings - we strive to appear perfect. In a powerful new vision Dr. Brené Brown challenges everything we think we know about vulnerability, and dispels the widely accepted myth that it's a weakness. She...
Cena: 43,91 zł