- Desolation Angels is the wild and soulful story of the legendary road trip that Jack Kerouac took before the publication of On the Road, told through the persona of Jack Duluoz and accompanied by his thinly-disguised Beat cohorts Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso and William Burroughs. As they hitch, hop freight trains, walk and talk their way across the world, from California to Mexico, London to Paris...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- There was nobody on the road except herself. Late time – after all, it was almost midnight – and an increasing storm kept pedestrians at the door of that gloomy March night. From time to time she passed cottages in which lights were still burning, but most of the houses were shrouded in silence and darkness. And still during the night, and the storm, and the gloom, – the wanderer answered, with ruthless...
Cena: 13,86 zł
- 1968 saw an extraordinary range of protests across much of the western world. Some of these were genuinely revolutionary - around ten million French workers went on strike and the whole state teetered on the brink of collapse. Others were more easily contained, but had profound longer-term implications - terrorist groups, feminist collectives, gay rights activists could all trace important roots to...
Cena: 95,70 zł
- I’m standing on the red railway car that sits abandoned next to the barn. The wind soars, whipping my hair across my face and pushing a chill down the open neck of my shirt. The gales are strong this close to the mountain, as if the peak itself is exhaling. Down below, the valley is peaceful, undisturbed. Meanwhile our farm dances: the heavy conifer trees sway slowly, while the sagebrush and thistles...
Cena: 39,51 zł
- 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.' In this charming book from 1906, Okakura explores Zen, Taoism, Tea Masters and the significance of the Japanese tea ceremony. One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever...
Cena: 10,23 zł
- The Communist Manifesto was first published in London in 1848, by two young men in their late twenties. Its impact reverberated across the globe and throughout the next century, and it has come to be recognised as one of the most important political texts ever written. Maintaining that the history of all societies is a history of class struggle, the manifesto proclaims that communism is the only route...
Cena: 23,87 zł
- A timeless collection of quotations by visionaries who have been catalysts for change - through the ages and across the globe You Had Better Make Some Noise brings together the words of social activists, revolutionaries, artists, writers, musicians, philosophers, politicians, and more - galvanizing us all to do the same. Familiar figures - Thomas Paine to Bertrand Russell, Augustine to Gloria Steinem,...
Cena: 58,59 zł
- About one-third of all food grown for human consumption is lost or discarded every year, despite financial, environmental and ethical reasons to not waste food. We grow enough food to adequately feed everyone on the planet, yet hundreds of millions of people suffer from hunger, malnutrition or food insecurity. Together, this food waste accounts for about 8 per cent of the world’s total greenhouse gas...
Cena: 46,45 zł
- It is appropriate to note that Wnuk-Pel has given a comprehensive summary of the ABC adoption in various countries and companies across the globe. For anyone interested in and keen on the topic, the book offers an outstanding reference source of management accounting, its background, implementation, and gaps in Poland. In addition, the author has used a simple and easy to understand language. The book...
Cena: 20,46 zł
- 'Such an addictive and likeable book...One of this year's best memoirs' The Telegraph 'It's the resistance to the obvious narratives that makes Rough Magic so appealing: the book undermines lazy women-in-the-wilderness tropes at every turn.' Sarah Moss, Guardian 'Think Educated meets Wild' Entertainment Weekly 'Rough Magic is transporting, beguiling and terrifically entertaining' Daily Mail The Mongol...
Cena: 45,57 zł