- When the first season of Stranger Things debuted on Netflix in the summer of 2016, the show struck a nerve with millions of viewers worldwide and received broad critical acclaim. The series has gone on to win six Emmy Awards, but its success was driven more than anything by word of mouth, resonating across generations. Viewers feel personal connections to the characters. Now fans can immerse themselves...
Cena: 87,89 zł
- Cartographics is a stunning collection of maps designed in a unique way. Featuring geographical maps, fictional maps and fresh and innovative approaches to cultural, economic and political maps, it takes the reader on a journey across the globe. This carefully curated book selects the most creative and interesting map design projects from around the world, and offers inspiration for designers and map-lovers...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- A sweeping culinary journey across the Islamic world, and a celebration of its most iconic recipes. A diverse and rich culinary tradition has evolved in every place touched by Islam, always characterised by deliciousness and fragrance, a love of herbs and the deft use of spices. Anissa Helou's Feast represents an extraordinary journey through place and time, travelling from Senegal to Indonesia via...
Cena: 212,97 zł
- 1968 saw an extraordinary range of protests across much of the western world. Some of these were genuinely revolutionary - around ten million French workers went on strike and the whole state teetered on the brink of collapse. Others were more easily contained, but had profound longer-term implications - terrorist groups, feminist collectives, gay rights activists could all trace important roots to...
Cena: 95,70 zł
- The Communist Manifesto was first published in London in 1848, by two young men in their late twenties. Its impact reverberated across the globe and throughout the next century, and it has come to be recognised as one of the most important political texts ever written. Maintaining that the history of all societies is a history of class struggle, the manifesto proclaims that communism is the only route...
Cena: 23,87 zł
- 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.' In this charming book from 1906, Okakura explores Zen, Taoism, Tea Masters and the significance of the Japanese tea ceremony. One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever...
Cena: 10,23 zł
- Back in 1930, the economist John Maynard Keynes prophesied that by the century's end, technology would see us all working fifteen-hour weeks. But instead, something curious happened. Today, average working hours have not decreased, but increased. And now, across the developed world, three-quarters of all jobs are in services or admin, jobs that don't seem to add anything to society: bullshit jobs....
Cena: 42,14 zł
- Every time we are introduced to someone new, try to be creative, or start a difficult conversation, we take a risk. We feel uncertain and exposed. We feel vulnerable. Most of us try to fight those feelings - we strive to appear perfect. In a powerful new vision Dr. Brené Brown challenges everything we think we know about vulnerability, and dispels the widely accepted myth that it's a weakness. She...
Cena: 43,91 zł
- An extraordinary survey of Van Gogh’s travels, this book explores the influential artist’s journeys across the continent from his hometown of Zunderf in the southern Netherlands to Auvers-sur-Oise near Paris, where his life came to an end. This publication features hundreds of colour images, including maps, contemporary photographs, and related artworks by Van Gogh, which paint a vivid picture of...
Cena: 79,00 zł
- David Foster Wallace was one of the most celebrated and visionary writers of the late 20th and early 21st century. He wrote prolifically across fiction and non-fiction, from genre-defining reportage to genre-breaking postmodern novels. And his influence is clearly visible in those who came after him - Zadie Smith, Dave Eggers, Jonathan Franzen, George Saunders... The Reader collects the very best...
Cena: 41,25 zł