- Mr. Lewisham is an ambitious young teacher who has grand plans for his future. Indeed he has written up a Plan or Schema as he calls it and has committed himself to daily study to improve himself. We follow him as he moves to London and becomes a student. He also gets married and the later part of the novel is about how his naive beliefs about himself and the world survive this transition. „Love and...
Cena: 14,16 zł
- Award-winning original fiction for learners of English. At seven levels, from Starter to Advanced, this impressive selection of carefully graded readers offers exciting reading for every student's capabilities. Detective Flick Laine meets handsome Dr Jack Daly at a party in Denver, USA. When Daly calls later, inviting her to meet him to 'talk about something', she accepts. But before they can talk,...
Cena: 27,55 zł
- Communicating Across Cultures is an innovative short course for learners of business English who want to function effectively in an international environment by developing their intercultural skills in English. Drawing on inspirational advice from leading figures in the world of cross-cultural communication, Communicating Across Cultures covers all types of oral and written communication, from meetings...
Cena: 69,35 zł
- Award-winning original fiction for learners of English. At seven levels, from Starter to Advanced, this impressive selection of carefully graded readers offers exciting reading for every student's capabilities. One day in the fall a woman calls at the New York office of Nat Marley, licensed private investigator, to ask him to find Patrick, her missing husband. Marley's enquiries take him to the financial...
Cena: 27,55 zł
- Writing for Impact is an innovative and broad-ranging new course for learners of business English who want to excel at writing. The course's 12 modules take learners through the topics they will need to succeed in business. It covers a wide variety of topics from emails and letters to meeting minutes and agendas. The progressive syllabus ensures learners will improve their overall knowledge and ability...
Cena: 69,35 zł
- Listenings for Professional Legal English is a set of authentic listening exercises for international lawyers and law students who need to understand conversations and phone calls in the area of commercial law. It covers conversations between two or more lawyers as well as conversations between lawyers and clients. The listening exercises and topics include relevant subjects such as; breach of contract, ...
Cena: 85,50 zł
- In general, when we think about media, and especially mass media, we seldom associate them with economy. Meanwhile, the freedom of communication is closely related to the fi nancing sources. The Americans say: “he who pays the piper calls the tune.” In the modern world, it is diffi cult to establish who pays and what they actually pay with. Very few of us realize that the currency we pay for the consumption...
Cena: 37,05 zł