- Na warszawskim Mokotowie, na placu budowy centrum handlowego znalezione zostają zwłoki młodego człowieka. To już drugie ciało odnalezione w tym miejscu. Z ramienia policji śledztwo prowadzi inspektor Robert Nowak, który szybko odkrywa niejasne powiązania na styku świata biznesu i polityki sięgające najwyższych władz miasta… Danger in high places to pierwsza powieść kryminalnego cyklu stworzonego...
Cena: 16,73 zł
- Featuring a vivid selection of contemporary fashion photography, this volume is a visual odyssey through ideas of beauty, danger and seduction. Its exciting exploration of the confluence of art, fashion and fetish in the cult of high heels swooping down fashion show runways and city streets everywhere is an enticing mixture whimsy, allure and luxury. It will appeal to anyone with an interest in fashion...
Cena: 138,57 zł
- Migrants have stood at the heart of modern Europe's experience, whether trying to escape danger, to find a better life or as a result of deliberate policy, whether moving from the countryside to the city, or between countries, or from outside the continent altogether. Peter Gatrell's powerful new book is the first to bring these stories together into one place. He creates a compelling narrative bracketed...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- The ascension of Vladimir Putin - a former lieutenant colonel of the KGB - to the presidency of Russia in 1999 was a strong signal that the country was headed away from democracy. Yet in the intervening years - as America and the world's other leading powers have continued to appease him - Putin has grown not only into a dictator but an international threat. With his vast resources and nuclear arsenal,...
Cena: 82,77 zł
- The author argues that the basic weakness of neoclassical economics is the eradication of value, which reduces economics to market valuation and results in defining the market as a self-regulatory mechanism. The danger lies in the fact that contemporary economic activity is a linear process, which means that we focus on generating instrumental values, i.e. achieving a surplus in relation to the costs...
Cena: 158,10 zł
- In every crisis situation, children are the greatest victims. Physically weak, they are often the first to succumb to hunger, disease, and dehydration. Innocent to the workings and failings of the world, they are unable to understand why there is danger, why there are people who want to hurt them, or why they must leave, perhaps quite suddenly, and abandon their schools, their friends, and their home. In...
Cena: 175,77 zł