- Shuklaji Street, in Old Bombay. In Rashid's opium room the air is thick with voices and ghosts: Hindu, Muslim, Christian. A young woman holds a long-stemmed pipe over a flame, her hair falling across her eyes. Men sprawl and mutter in the gloom. Here, they say you introduce only your worst enemy to opium. There is an underworld whisper of a new terror: the Pathar Maar, the stone killer, whose victims...
Cena: 41,80 zł
- At the outset of his career Ted Hughes described letter-writing as 'excellent training for conversation with the world', and he was to become a prolific master of this art which combines writing and talking. This selection begins when Hughes was seventeen, and documents the course of a life at once resolutely private but intensely attuned to other lives (including a readership comprising both adults...
Cena: 75,05 zł
- Anna Burns’s Man Booker Prize-winning novel, Milkman, is a powerful fictional tale set in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The story is told through the voice of a teenage girl known only as middle sister, who is coming of age in the most arduous of circumstances. She is doing her best to negotiate the burdening suspicion and gossip in her tight-knit community while being on the receiving end...
Cena: 39,90 zł
- An in-depth study of one of Hollywood's great leading men: philanthropist, model husband, world-class racing driver, and authentic silver-screen icon, one of the last and greatest living links between Hollywood's golden age and its post-studio-system era. Newman's best known films, including The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting, are cherished the world over....
Cena: 46,55 zł
- The Museum of Innocence - set in Istanbul between 1975 and today - tells the story of Kemal, the son of one of Istanbul's richest families, and of his obsessive love for a poor and distant relation, the beautiful Fusun, who is a shop-girl in a small boutique. In his romantic pursuit of Füsun over the next eight years, Kemal compulsively amasses a collection of objects that chronicles his lovelorn progress-a...
Cena: 42,75 zł
- Lord of the Flies is a thought-provoking novel authored by William Golding in 1954. The book describes in detail the horrific exploits of a band of young children who make a striking transition from civilized to barbaric. Lord of the Flies commands a pessimistic outlook that seems to show that man is inherently tied to society, and without it, we would likely return to savagery.
Cena: 36,10 zł