- From the acclaimed author of Japan Story, this is the history of Japan, distilled into the stories of twenty remarkable individuals. The vivid and entertaining portraits in Chris Harding's enormously enjoyable new book take the reader from the earliest written accounts of Japan right through to the life of the current empress, Masako. We encounter shamans and warlords, poets and revolutionaries, scientists,...
Cena: 92,07 zł
- With over 10,000 fully illustrated terms arranged by theme and an audio app, Japanese language learning has never been easier. Perfect for tourist and business travellers alike, DK's Bilingual Visual Dictionary series is by your side when buying food, talking about work, discussing health, and studying language. Stunning visuals and comprehensive indexes combine to make the Japanese English Bilingual...
Cena: 36,79 zł
- A unique insight into the history and key themes of Japanese dress from the eighteenth century to the present, Japanese Dress in Detail reveals the elaborate embroidery, precise folds, and sophisticated dyes that form some of the most beautiful garments in the Victoria and Albert Museum’s unparalleled Japanese dress collection. This book provides readers with the rare opportunity to examine historical...
Cena: 112,53 zł
- Find out how to live a long and happy life thanks to the ikigai miracle, a Japanese philosophy that helps you find fulfilment, joy and mindfulness in everything you do. It is extraordinary that Japanese men's longevity ranks 4th in the world, while Japanese women's ranks 2nd. But perhaps this comes as no surprise when you know that the Japanese understanding of ikigai is embedded in their daily life...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- In this issue e.g.: Work environment, governance and service quality in Japanese healthcare Behaviour architects: a framework for employing behavioural insights in public policy practice
Cena: 19,53 zł
- A Japanese-inspired guide to living a happier, more fulfilled life. Japonisme explores the Japanese art of finding contentment and includes practical tips and tricks to live a happier, healthier, more thoughtful life. What is your ikigai (purpose)? How do you practice mindfulness in the unpredictability and chaos of everyday life? From shinrinyoku (forest bathing), calligraphy, ikebana (fl ower arranging)...
Cena: 40,92 zł
- “The death of a beautiful woman is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world,” wrote Edgar Allan Poe. And one is tempted to be of the same opinion when considering Ophelia, Madame Bovary, or Anna Karenina. This concept is also deeply rooted in Far Eastern culture: Buddhism even recommends daily meditation on one’s own death. The Japanese artist Izima Kaoru (*1954 in Kyoto) lets the most...
Cena: 278,07 zł
- Prezentowana książka to pierwszy pełny przekład polski Understanding Cultures through Their Key Words. English, Russian, Polish, German, and Japanese, wydanej przez Oxford University Press w 1997 roku, będącej próbą przekrojowego spojrzenia na kulturę (tradycje, wartości, sposób myślenia o świecie) różnych grup etnicznych poprzez języki używane przez te grupy. Najważniejsze założenie tej książki, jak...
Cena: 41,85 zł
- This ambitious and fascinating book traces the history of fashion in every part of the world, from Greco-Roman woven-cloth clothing and the silk court dress of the Chinese Tang dynasty to contemporary sportswear designers and Japanese street culture. Organized chronologically, the book traces the evolution of fashion period by period and trend by trend, while detailed timelines provide historical and...
Cena: 111,60 zł
- Humans have been building homes from wood for thousands of years, and yet, in a contemporary world of option and innovation, the most primitive resource could in fact be the most pertinent. Stretching back to historic Japanese houses, becoming synonymous with resort accommodation, and intertwining itself in the modern trend of hygge, its tactility and warmth have influenced countless architectural...
Cena: 167,40 zł