- In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, renowned mystery writer Carolyn Wells strays from the enclaves of the well-to-do that usually serve as the settings for her novels and introduces elements of gritty street life. When the body of Rowland Trowbridge, a successful businessman, is found in a remote corner of Van Cortlandt Park, it initially appeared to be a robbery gone wrong. The dead man’s last words...
- Poradnik do gry Warhemmaer: Mark of Chaos zawiera opis przejścia wszystkich misji głównych i opcjonalnych przygotowanych dla obydwu stron konfliktu - Imperium i Chaosu. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos - poradnik do gry zawiera poszukiwane przez graczy tematy i lokacje jak m.in. Akt II Misja 3 - Kolejna twierdza do zdobycia (Chaos) Co nieco o bohaterach Jednostki Akt IV Misja 2 - Wyznawcy Nurgla (Imperium)...
Cena: 7,49 zł
- The novel „"Roughing It"” is a book of memoirs by Mark Twain about the years of vagrancy in the Far West during the „"silver rush"”. The book begins with Mark Twain embarking on a journey to the West with his brother, Orion Clemens, who received the post of Secretary of the Nevada Territory. Further, the author tells about the subsequent events of his own life.
- The exploits of Tom Sawyer, a consummate prankster with a quick wit, captivate children of all ages. Yet through the novel's humorous escapades, from the episodes of the whitewashed fence and the ordeal in the cave to the trial of Injun Joe, Mark Twain explores deeper themes within the adult world Tom will one day join. These include the baser human instincts of dishonesty and superstition, murder...
Cena: 10,97 zł
- The elderly Mrs. Barry had one son, Mark, whom she passionately hoped to marry Lois Wilbur, his childhood friend. Nevertheless, Mark went to the city of Queens, where he fell in love and became engaged to actress Beatrice, much to Mrs. Barry’s dismay. Great story, easy and laid back.
- Mark was an engineer and is currently out of work. The landscape was colorless and dreary, but Mark was young, and after the pulsating workshop he liked the space and tranquility. The Croziers owned the soil they cultivated on the hills. They held tenaciously everything that belongs to them
- Mark Seliger's extraordinary portfolio is 30 years in the making. In 1987 Seliger began shooting small assignments for Rolling Stone; in 1992 he became their chief photographer, a position he kept for 15 years. During the course of his time at the magazine, he photographed more than 125 covers. He has captured some of the most iconic images of the most famous and influential faces of our time, including...
Cena: 265,05 zł
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is about a young boy, Huck, in search of freedom and adventure. He meets a run away slave named Jim and the two undertake a series of adventures based on the Picaresque novel by Mark Twain. As the story progresses the duo exploit an array of episodic enterprises, while Huckleberry slowly changes his views of bigotry. Along the way, Huck and Jim meet the King and Duke,...
- An invaluable companion to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Life on the Mississippi is Mark Twain's inimitable portrait of ‘the great Father of Waters’. Part memoir, part travelogue, it expresses the full range of Twain's literary personality, and remains the most vivid, boisterous and provocative account of the cultural and societal history of the Mississippi Valley,...
Cena: 10,97 zł
- Haggard’s story about greed and selfishness. This is the story of the dastardly Mr. Meeson, the rich owner of the publishing house. The only brave human who wants to stop his atrocities is Augusta. However, he leaves a mark on her spine before death, which leads further to battle.