- How did money come to be invented? Why does it now have such significance in our lives? Does it make us happier or unhappier? And what does the future hold for it? With brilliant clarity and insight, Yuval Noah Harari takes the reader on a journey from the very first coins through to 21st century economics and shows us how we are all on the brink of a revolution, whether we like it or not. Selected...
Cena: 14,96 zł
- Get the answers to hundreds of financial questions with How Money Works, including how to invest for the future, how to maximise your income, how financial markets work, and how governments control money. Discover essential know-how on everything from debt management to online fraud, and learn to manage your own money from payments to pensions. This intriguing guide breaks down the jargon of the financial...
Cena: 84,55 zł
- This down-to-earth guide is filled with practical advice on everything from how to budget and be a smart shopper to student loans, mortgages and insurance. An essential book for equipping young people with the skills they need to manage their money now and in the future. Includes links to websites with more tips and advice.
Cena: 31,87 zł
- Bread, cash, dosh, dough, loot. Call if what you like, it matters now more than ever. In The Ascent of Money, Niall Ferguson shows that financial history is the back-story to all history. From the banking dynasty who funded the Italian Renaissance to the stock market bubble that caused the French Revolution, this is the story of booms and busts as it's never been told before. With the world in the...
Cena: 46,55 zł
- The dominant view in economics is that money and government should play only a minor role in economic life. Money, it is claimed, is more than a medium of exchange; and economic outcomes are best left to the 'invisible hand' of the market. Tracing the establishment of this orthodoxy and the challenges posed to it since the Great Depression of 1929-32, Robert Skidelsky shows how - unlike then - the...
Cena: 55,10 zł
- W Japonii uczynił już szczęśliwszymi blisko 8 milionów ludzi – tyle egzemplarzy swoich książek sprzedał tam Ken Honda. Happy money to pierwsza książka japońskiego guru, która ukaże się w Polsce. Ta książka całkowicie zmieni Twoje podejście do pieniędzy. Zbyt często są one źródłem strachu, stresu i gniewu. Rozbijają relacje, a nawet rujnują życie. Lubimy myśleć, że to tylko liczba lub kartka papieru,...
Cena: 37,99 zł
- The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money was first published in 1936. But its ideas had been forming for decades − as a student at Cambridge, Keynes had written to a friend of his love for 'Free Trade and free thought'. Keynes's limpid style, concise prose, and vivid descriptions have helped to keep his ideas alive - as have the novelty and clarity, at times even the ambiguity, of his macroeconomic...
Cena: 18,05 zł
- Jimmy Kildare met from the hospital every day and arrived at Tom McGuire’s lounge on the avenue. He always drank two mugs of beer. But one from the other, there should be a brain at the fingertips all day long, but two beers are not too far between man and themselves, if it has bumps on shoulders, and Jimmy Kildare had.
Cena: 14,16 zł
- Pełen wybuchowej akcji polityczny thriller osadzony w niedalekiej przyszłości. Lindsey, studentka z Londynu, zostaje przypadkowo wciągnięta w wir zdarzeń mogących całkowicie odmienić obraz współczesnego świata. Cyberinwigilacja, wojna z terrorem, tajne programy CIA i zaginione pieniądze Al-Kaidy w zamkniętej historii autorstwa Thierry’ego Smolderena (autora niezapomnianego „Cygana”) i Dominique’a ...
Cena: 94,05 zł
- The book „Money Matters” covers most topic-related areas of Finance, Banking and Accounting. It is targeted at university students and professionals from intermediate to advanced level of language competence. In addition to texts rich in ESP (English for Specific Purposes) terminology, it gives learners a variety of exercises that aim at practising and memorising core finance terminology and phraseology....
Cena: 46,55 zł