- Edgar Allan Poe: Poezje - Poems. Książka w dwóch wersjach językowych: polskiej i angielskiej. A dual Polish-English language edition. Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849 w Baltimore, w stanie Maryland) - amerykański poeta, nowelista, krytyk literacki i redaktor. Przedstawiciel romantyzmu w literaturze amerykańskiej. W jego twórczości dominowały wątki fantastyki i horroru. Zapoczątkował gatunek noweli kryminalnej...
Cena: 9,30 zł
- No poet is more emblematically American than Robert Frost. Hailed as `the most eminent, the most distinguished Anglo-American poet' by T.S. Eliot, he is the only writer in history to have been awarded four Pulitzer Prizes. In iconic poems like `Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening', simple images summon the rural landscape of New England, and Frost unfailingly moves the reader with his profound grasp...
Cena: 54,95 zł
- Lawrence's reputation as a novelist has often meant that his achievements in poetry have failed to receive the recognition they deserve. This edition brings together, in a form he himself sanctioned, his Collected Poems of 1928, the unexpurgated version of Pansies, and Nettles, adding to these volumes the contents of the two notebooks in which he was still writing poetry when he died in 1930. It therefore...
Cena: 17,67 zł
- With an Introduction and Notes by Katherine McGowran. Christina Rossetti is widely regarded as the most considerable woman poet in England before the twentieth century. No reading of nineteenth-century poetry can be complete without attention to this prolific and popular poet. Rosetti's inner life dominates her poetry, exploring loss and unattainable hope. Her divine poems have a freshness and toughness...
- In Poems to Live Your Life By, Chris Riddell, political cartoonist for the Observer, has selected his very favourite classic and modern poems about life, death and everything in between. This gorgeously illustrated collection includes forty-six poems and is divided into sections covering: musings, youth, family, love, imaginings, nature, war and endings. Chris Riddell brings them to life with his...
Cena: 65,10 zł
- This edition of the poetry of Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936) includes all the poems contained in the Definitive Edition of 1940. In his lifetime, Kipling was widely regarded as the unofficial Poet Laureate, and he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1907. His poetry is striking for its many rhythms and popular forms of speech, and Kipling was equally at home with dramatic monologues and extended...
- 'What the imagination seizes as Beauty must be truth' So wrote the Romantic poet John Keats (1795-1821) in 1817. This collection contains all of his poetry: the early work, which is often undervalued even today, the poems on which his reputation rests including the 'Odes' and the two versions of the uncompleted epic 'Hyperion', and work which only came to light after his death including his attempts...
Cena: 18,55 zł
- Robert Burns, the most celebrated of all Scottish poets, is remembered with great devotion - his birthday on 25th January provokes fervour and festivity among Scots and many others the world over. Born in 1759 into miserable rustic poverty, by the age of eighteen Burns had acquired a good knowledge of both classical and English literature. In June 1786 his first collection of verse, Poems Chiefly...