- Pride and Prejudice is a romance novel by Jane Austen, first published in 1813. The story charts the emotional development of the protagonist, Elizabeth Bennet, who learns the error of making hasty judgments and comes to appreciate the difference between the superficial and the essential. The comedy of the writing lies in the depiction of manners, education, marriage and money in the British Regency....
Cena: 12,08 zł
- Has anyone wondered how our world would look if the animals were intelligent, and what more could they say? Is what we do with our environment as a human, is correct? The collection of short stories contained in the book is not a response to these questions. I just wanted to signal to the readers that we are responsible for our world and other creatures. For my own needs, I defined these stories as...
Cena: 15,81 zł
- This publication is the development of aspects related to transplantation medicine in the broadly comprehended issues referred to trafficking in human beings and one of its form — illegal trade in human organs. The illicit trade in human organs and tissues is lucrative comparable to smuggling of weapons and drugs in the context of profits. States must address this growing phenomenon with the implementation...
Cena: 12,70 zł
New Media Behind the Iron Curtain. Cultural History of Video Microcomputers and Satellite Television in Communist Poland – ebookDuring the years of the Polish People’s Republic, Poles were cut off from the western world. Travel was restricted, as was access to out- side culture and goods. This unique situation led to a period of great ingenuity in the realm of new media. Not only were media adapted to suit Poles’ needs, but new technology was fashioned to gain access to western television, film and video games. Bringing people...
Cena: 20,88 zł
- Tsar Peter (927-969), the book’s protagonist, is all too frequently presented in modern scholarship as a weak ruler, devoid of any grander political aspirations, focused on religious matters, indeed - pious, but neglecting the vital interests of his subjects. It was said that during his reign both his court and state became Byzantinised, that the central authority was completely helpless in the...
Cena: 23,20 zł
- The authors present the theoretical and conceptual foundation of the Laboratory of Reportage, established by the remarkable reportage writer Marek Miller. The Laboratory of Reportage operates at the Faculty of Journalism, Information and Book Studies of the University of Warsaw. Papers presented in the book give insight in the status of reportage as practice and a form of journalistic and journalistic-literary...
Cena: 19,53 zł