- John and Ezra Girdlestone, father and son, run a British merchant company trading to the African coast with several sailing ships, all dangerously ill-maintained. Their small office is in London, their business is quite personally run, and the firm and its owners are well respected in the City by the 1870s. John Girdlestone is deeply and ostentatiously religious, to the cynical amazement of his son....
- An old-fashioned frivolous firm for a long time, which more progressive competitors talk about with good-natured contempt, they were still in the markets of the business world. They called themselves ordinary merchants selling mixed goods from all over the world, and, as people say, Mortimer Croot, the current sole owner, was considered a person of integrity and being. He had been manager and confidential...
- Peep under leaves and behind doors to see the animals in the zoo in this delightful flap book for young children. With flaps and holes to peep underneath and through, noisy parrots, cheeky monkeys, very tall giraffes and lots more are revealed. Sure to become a firm favourite for young animal lovers.
Cena: 34,20 zł
- In The Laundromat, Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter Jake Bernstein explores this shadow economy and how it evolved, drawing on millions of leaked documents from the files of the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca - a trove now known as the Panama Papers - as well as other journalistic and government investigations.
Cena: 36,10 zł
- Dombey and Son, Charles Dickens’s story of a powerful man whose callous neglect of his family triggers his professional and personal downfall, showcases the author’s gift for vivid characterization and unfailingly realistic description. Mr. Dombey, a wealthy London merchant, puts all his hopes in his sickly son Paul to succeed him in running the firm, and ignores his good daughter Florence. The firm...
Cena: 23,65 zł
- Heidi is the heart-warming tale of a small girl's power for good, and it has remained a firm favourite since it was published over 100 years ago. It has been filmed and televised several times. It tells of the orphan Heidi and her idyllic existence with her gruff grandfather in the mountains. When she is sent to live in a city, comic chaos ensues, and eventually it is arranged that Heidi should return...
Cena: 11,02 zł
- I wrote to the zoo to send me a pet . . .' Rod Campbell's classic lift-the-flap book Dear Zoo has been a firm favourite with toddlers and parents alike ever since it was first published in 1982. Young children will love lifting the flaps to discover the animals the zoo has sent – a monkey, a lion and even an elephant! But will they ever manage to send the perfect pet? With bright, bold artwork,...
Cena: 31,35 zł
- Rod Campbell's classic lift-the-flap book Dear Zoo has been a firm favourite with toddlers and parents alike ever since it was first published in 1982. With Dear Zoo Noisy Book children can join in the story with eight interactive sound buttons. Dear Zoo Noisy Book is an interactive play-along edition of the preschool classic. Young children will love lifting the flaps to discover the animals the...
Cena: 61,75 zł
- I wrote to the zoo to send me a pet . . . Rod Campbell's classic lift-the-flap book Dear Zoo is a firm favourite with toddlers and parents alike. This interactive pop-up edition retains all the charm of the original story and is packed full of exciting surprises. Young children will love lifting the flaps to discover the animals the zoo has sent - a very tall giraffe, a fierce lion and even a very...
Cena: 29,45 zł
- What is it like to know that you will die soon? Our main character knew that. 22-year-old Mary Dashwood knew that she had only a few minutes left to live. Her horse was galloping wildly when she heard the man’s smooth, firm voice. But the man had not come for Mary. Instead, he’d come with a deathbed message and a long-standing grudge.