- This lively book is packed with fascinating and surprising facts about Viking raiders and explorers, and the farmers and their families who stayed at home. Did all Vikings have horned helmets and red beards? Why were some of them buried in boats, and why were people so afraid of the Vikings? You’ll be amazed at how much there is to find out.
Cena: 25,65 zł
- A woman walks into a police station. She has no phone and no ID, just a piece of paper that reads 'David Raker'. She says she's his wife. She looks just like her. She knows everything about him. But David buried his wife eight years ago. Is this really the woman he loved? Did he really say goodbye? Or is he losing his mind? Raker needs to find out the truth before it's too late, because he...
Cena: 38,56 zł
- Considered the best mystery novel ever written by many readers, And Then There Were None is the story of 10 strangers, each lured to Indian Island by a mysterious host. Once his guests have arrived, the host accuses each person of murder. Unable to leave the island, the guests begin to share their darkest secrets - until they begin to die.
Cena: 31,35 zł
- During his decade as a Steidl employee, graphic designer and image editor Jonas Wettre made portraits of the countless artists visiting the publishing house in Göttingen. Alternatively using a Polaroid SX-70 Land camera with its classic square format and an EE100 sheet film camera, he recorded many of the seemingly random yet unique moments that take place at Steidl everyday. Wettre’s Once There Were...
Cena: 122,55 zł
- Siamese twins – twins Chang and Eng Bunker, who were born with fused bodies. They lived 63 years, had good health, were married, had normal children. In 1829 they were brought to America, then they were taken and shown in Europe. Knowing the twins personally, the author took the liberty of telling about the curious details of their private life, which never penetrated the press.
- There were various rumors about house No.13. There were no lights, badly painted blinds were always lowered, windows were black over the years. The feeling of loneliness and secrecy permeated the interior of No.13. Surprisingly there lived a young beautiful lady, about 20 years old. However, she was very frightened. And all this darkness was displayed on it.
- Garrett Putman Serviss is popular as a science fiction author. His story „A Columbus of Space” about the flight into space. The heroes were in the middle of the cosmos, they were surprised when they saw the Earth. The very Earth where a few days ago they were going in some direction. Yes, they knew where they were. But how did they get there and what will they do next?
- „Dick and Dolly” was published in 1909 and told in a manner which makes the story really true to young readers. It is the story of nine-year old orphan twins (brother and sister) who have to move from one aunt’s home to live with some other aunt in Connecticut. This transfer of their dwelling-place didn’t bother Dick and Dolly much, for they were philosophical little people and took things just as...
- Molly and Dick are two adventurers who came to London to earn money. Molly was an artist and Dick was a writer. Things went well. However, after 2 years they were frustrated, they became poor. Molly and Dick were faced with big troubles, through which they needed to go.
- Fred M. White shows the difficult times of Israel. The streets were quiet, but it was the hunger. People tried to work with all their strength, but they were powerless and tried to show it with a soldier. The reader can not only learn the history of Israel, but also feel all this horror.