- Imagine a world with no banks. No stock market. No tech giants. No billionaires. Imagine if Occupy and Extinction Rebellion actually won. In Another Now world-famous economist Yanis Varoufakis shows us what such a world would look like. Far from being a fantasy, he describes how it could have come about - and might yet. But would we really want it? Varoufakis's boundary-breaking new book confounds...
Cena: 67,89 zł
- A virus is not human, but the reaction to it is a measure of humanity. America has not measured up well. Tens of thousands are dead for no reason. America is supposed to be about freedom, yet illness and fear make its citizens less free. After all, freedom is meaningless if we are too ill to think about our right to happiness or too weak to pursue it. So, if a government is making its people unhealthy...
Cena: 45,57 zł
- 'These 128 pages are a brief primer in every important thing we might have learned from the history of the last century, and all that we appear to have forgotten' Observer History does not repeat, but it does instruct. In the twentieth century, European democracies collapsed into fascism, Nazism and communism. These were movements in which a leader or a party claimed to give voice to the people,...
Cena: 41,94 zł
- What would happen if you fell into a black hole? Black holes are the most extraordinary phenomenon in the universe, but they are a riddle that confounds our intuitions. Anything that enters them can never escape, and yet they contain nothing at all. They are bigger on the inside than the outside suggests. They are dark on the outside but not on the inside. They invert time into space and space into...
Cena: 44,64 zł
- What happens when the President of the United States engages in criminal activity? He runs for re-election. Donald Trump's campaign chairman went to jail. So did his personal lawyer. His long-time political consigliere was convicted of serious federal crimes, and his National Security Advisor pleaded guilty to several more. Multiple Russian spies were indicted in absentia. Career intelligence agents...
Cena: 61,38 zł
- In our increasingly secular world, holy texts are at best seen as irrelevant, and at worst as an excuse to incite violence, hatred and division. So what value, if any, can scripture hold for us today? And if our world no longer seems compatible with scripture, is it perhaps because its original purpose has become lost? Today we see the Quran being used by some to justify war and terrorism, the Torah...
Cena: 62,74 zł
- Another Victorian novel by Haggard. The story of the orphan Ernest Kershaw, who is in search of a better life. One of the mystical moments is a find in the cemetery of the head of a woman who looks like his girlfriend. After that, strange things start to happen. More precisely, it is the beginning of the adventures of our hero.
Cena: 13,86 zł