- Przedstawione w publikacji wyniki badań archeologicznych w jednej z dzielnic mieszkalnych na stanowisku Tell Arbid dostarczyły nowych danych na temat jednego z kluczowych momentów w rozwoju Syryjskiej Dżeziry (EJZ2–EJZ3, 2550–2350 p.n.e.) – okresu transformacji społeczno-gospodarczych a jednocześnie okresu najbardziej dynamicznego w rozwoju samego stanowiska. Rezultaty badań pozwoliły na lepsze poznanie...
Cena: 180,50 zł
- This is a collection of many tales. „Porridge Pot" is a German folk tale from the Grimm Brothers collection, perhaps one of the most famous and beloved from early childhood. This is a story about how one girl received as a present from an old woman a pot that cooks porridge itself, it is only necessary to pronounce a magic spell. The girl carried the pot to her mother, but when she decided to use it,...
- The relicts of medieval knights’ manor houses in Poland today are so called “grodziska stożkowate” (motte) - the anonymous hills having in themselves remnants of wooden buildings, exceptionally made of stone or brick and numerous tiny artifacts being the trace of the past household equipment. Unlike to the castles they are not so often visited but more often destroyed. The book presents the image of...
Cena: 23,70 zł
- Taking respite from the Man of Wrath, her children and her stifling household, Elizabeth discovers that the path to joy lies in having a garden, rather than a room, of one's own. This enchanting semi-autobiographical novel delighted readers when it first appeared in 1898 and has never been out of print since.
Cena: 26,89 zł
- „The Gold of the Gods” was first published in 1915. By then, Arthur Benjamin Reeve’s series of mysteries involving Professor Craig Kennedy and his sidekick, journalist Walter Jameson, had become something of a household name. Altogether, he wrote 18 novels featuring these two characters, and several short stories. Our story follows a theft of an ancient Inca dagger from an archeology professor. He...
- Celebrated as one of the most important early female writers of detective fiction, Anna Katherine Green was lauded for her meticulous plotting and attention to detail. In this classic mystery novel, a universally beloved woman Agatha Webb and a household servant are found dead. Would her husband do it for money matters? Or would it be the rich and well-connected Mr. Fredrick, who ran away into the...
- The book that will keep your attention until the very last page! A Strange Disappearance by Anna Katherine Green is one of the first detective stories to ever be published in USA. Her novels are known for their well thought out plots and their legal accuracy and A Strange Disappearance is one of her finest works. In this story, a young woman working as a home help disappears from a rich household in...
- A best-selling author of novels, short stories, magazine articles, translations, and plays, Oppenheim published over 150 books. He is considered one of the originators of the thriller genre, his novels also range from spy thrillers to romance, but all have an undertone of intrigue. He was the earliest writer of spy fiction as understood today, and invented the „Rogue Male” school of adventure thrillers...
- Mansfield Park is the third published novel by Jane Austen, first published in 1814. The novel tells the story of Fanny Price starting when her overburdened family sends her at age 10 to live in the household of her wealthy aunt and uncle, through to her marriage. Mansfield Park is perhaps Austen's most controversial novel due to its brief mention of the British slave trade, and the fact that Fanny's...
Cena: 12,34 zł
- Orphaned into the household of her Aunt Reed at Gateshead, subject to the cruel regime at Lowood charity school, Jane Eyre nonetheless emerges unbroken in spirit and integrity. She takes up the post of governess at Thornfield, falls in love with Mr. Rochester, and discovers the impediment to their lawful marriage in a story that transcends melodrama to portray a woman’s passionate search for a wider...
Cena: 18,90 zł