how to be
- Bringing together the opinions, attitudes, and achievements of contemporary culture’s most influential icons, How to Be a Tastemaker offers a glance into not only the work, but also the inner lives of individuals paving the way in their fields. Our hyper-connected society mocks conventional notions of taste, which is why Claudia Schiffer’s modelling advice or discovering Laila Gohar’s life-defining...
Cena: 167,40 zł
- The growing importance of the third sector is connected, among others, with a change in the scope of its operation, including the performance of public tasks or the increase of its market activity. Becoming part of the civic administration and social service providers, non-governmental organisations are facing the challenges of professionalisation and quality management. Many of them are at the crossroads...
Cena: 25,95 zł
- You become a footballer because you love football. And then you are a footballer, and you’re suddenly in the strangest, most baffling world of all. A world where one team-mate comes to training in a bright red suit with matching top-hat, cane and glasses, without any actual glass in them, and another has so many sports cars they forget they have left a Porsche at the train station. Even when their...
Cena: 39,99 zł
- Every day, James O’Brien listens to people blaming hard-working immigrants for stealing their jobs while scrounging benefits, and pointing their fingers at the EU and feminists for destroying Britain. But what makes James’s daily LBC show such essential listening – and has made James a standout social media star – is the incisive way he punctures their assumptions and dismantles their arguments live...
Cena: 40,92 zł
- An irreverent book of radically honest advice by renowned fashion arbiter and legendary window dresser Simon Doonan Through his unconventional wisdom and singular storytelling, Simon Doonan is the ideal instructor to help readers find - and then flaunt - their own creative style and vision. With provocative wit, he walks us through every aspect of our lives: fashion, socializing, love, work, decor,...
Cena: 44,64 zł
- Everyone knows a joke about mothers-in-law, but what are the golden rules you need to become a popular one? The authors of this pioneering guide, first published in the 1930s, aimed to dramatically improve relationships for all the family with sound advice which is as relevant today as it was in the early twentieth century: "If your opinion is not sought, don't volunteer it". Practical tips are given...
Cena: 22,23 zł
- Don't hope that events will turn out the way you want, welcome events in whichever way they happen' How can we cope when life's events seem beyond our control? These words of consolation and inspiration from the three great Stoic philosophers - Epictetus, Seneca and Marcus Aurelius - offer ancient wisdom on how to face life's adversities and live well in the world. One of twenty new books in the...
Cena: 26,97 zł
- There's no point having a mind if you're not willing to change it James O'Brien has built well over a million loyal listeners to his radio show by dissecting the opinions of callers live on air, every day. But winning the argument doesn't necessarily mean you're right. In this deeply personal book, James turns the mirror on himself to reveal what he has changed his mind about and why, and explore...
Cena: 46,50 zł
- The Raid of „Le Vengeur” is a mind game of scientists, so to speak. This is a story about dueling military scientists in Britain and France. They are trying to figure out how to unite in a race to learn how to improve their military power with the help of submarines. This story promises to be fascinating.
Cena: 13,86 zł
- The story of real men who sacrificed themselves for the sake of their homeland and family. McNeile pays attention to people, their psychological state. Great attention to how things are in the trenches of soldiers. About how terrifying they could be and how long stretches of boredom punctuated by moments of terror could break any man after a while.
Cena: 13,86 zł