- red. Mirosław Michalak, Magdalena Rodziewicz Stability and changeability of identities, especially in the context of their disappearance and revival, is one of the leitmotifs of the current publication, which is a fruit of a collective effort of scholars who represent diverse areas of the humanities and varied approaches to the issue of identity in the lands occupied by the Persian-language civilization....
Cena: 22,32 zł
- This book features critical and interpretive, linguistic perspective on foreign language teaching and learning in the 21st century Poland. By juxtaposing two conceptions of identity: essentialist and poststructuralist, the author attempts to present the problem of an EFL teacher identity construction and performance. Language is key to the study, both as a methodology for making more evident how identity...
Cena: 35,15 zł
- Anna Szklarska is a philosopher at Jagiellonian University, Krakow. She is the author of many articles in the field of ethics, philosophy of man, social philosophy and history of philosophy. She has participated in international conferences such as “American and European Values IX” or “Ethics of Moral Absolutes”. At the Institute of Philosophy at Jagiellonian University she teaches social philosophy...
Cena: 31,62 zł
- An engaging, advanced-level introduction to the emerging field of discourse studies of identity, with particular reference to academic contexts. Disciplinary Identities uses findings from corpus research to present fascinating insights into the relationship between author identity and disciplinarity in academic writing. Ken Hyland draws on a number of sources to explore how authors convey aspects of...
Cena: 125,55 zł
- What is a self? Greenblatt argues that the 16th century saw the awakening of modern self-consciousness, the ability to fashion an identity out of the culture and politics of one’s society. In a series of brilliant readings, Greenblatt shows how identity is constructed in the work of Shakespeare, Marlowe, Spenser and other Renaissance writers. A classic piece of literary criticism, and the origins of...
Cena: 29,25 zł
- Originally published in 1913, „The Great Impersonation” is probably the most famous spy novel of all time. This tale is full of murder, crime, confused identity, blackmail, war, romance, politics, and there’s even a ghost... In 1913, a German spy assumes a dead Englishman’s identity and infiltrates British society as a sleeper agent, but when he falls in love with the Englishman’s wife and his Hungarian...
- Frederick Schiller Faust (1892-1944) was an American author best known for his thoughtful Westerns under the pen name Max Brand. Prolific in many genres, he wrote historical novels, detective mysteries, pulp fiction stories and many more. In his first western tale, „Above the Law”... Max Brand, villain, the bandit Black Jim, has the books of Scott, Shakespeare, Poe, Byron, Malory at his bunk. Poetic...
- Self-portraiture shows no sign of losing its ability to capture the public imagination. Given our current proclivity to snap and share ‘selfies’ in seconds, it is unsurprising to find a renewed interest in the genre among general audiences and students. Self-portraits have the power to illuminate a range of universal concerns, from identity, purpose and authenticity, to frailty, futility and mortality. In...
Cena: 51,15 zł
- The False Rider is one of "Silver Tip" series of pulp Western novels by Max Brand featuring Silvertip, a heroic lone rider who metes out justice to various wrong-doers he runs across in his travels. Arizona Jim Silver finds his reputation endangered when a clever thief of similar appearance appropriates his identity, leaving Jim no choice but to hunt him down. Max Brand’s action-filled stories of adventure...
- What happens to our behaviour when we live most of our lives online? What does it mean to ‘always be optimising’? And what is it about scams and the millennial generation? Offering nuanced and witty reflections on feminism, reality TV, the internet, drugs, identity and more, Trick Mirror is a multifaceted, thought-provoking and entertaining response to our zeitgeist – a must-read for anyone interested...
Cena: 41,85 zł