- The art of being a good wife is not an easy one. This little guide was written for the middle classes of the 1930s who were reading one of the first modern self-help books.Illustrated with contemporary line-drawings, it contains advice by turns delightfully arcane and timelessly true, for example: it is a wife's duty to look her best – if you don't tidy yourself up, when you have done the bulk of the...
Cena: 22,71 zł
- Abbie wakes in a hospital bed with no memory of how she got there. By her side is her husband Tim, the driven British founder of one of the world's most groundbreaking tech companies. They met when she joined his startup as artist-in-residence, their marriage a Silicon Valley fairy tale. But as Abbie's memories return, she realises there's something missing from Tim's version of events. Because, five...
Cena: 31,35 zł
- Their love is a death sentence. But can it keep them alive? Czechoslovakia, 1944. In the dead of night, a farm girl and a British soldier creep through abandoned villages. Secretly married and on the run, Bill and Izabela are searching for Izabela’s brother and father, who are fighting for the Czech resistance. They know their luck will not last. Captured by the German army, it seems they must be...
Cena: 57,00 zł
- Another fantastic story from Fred M. White. The island of Tregarthen is a long green succulent piece from the mainland, about eight miles long and five wide. It is protected from the east and north by granite walls, rising a thousand feet up and dark, and its music is the Atlantic thunder and the cry of countless sea birds. Where is it? What matters it? Not so many leagues from Tintagel, for they tell...
- Miss Saunders is out for an adventure. One, which is full of secrets, hints, and half-lies. One, which will require all of her wits. Miss Saunders, a discreet domestic spy of some kind, is hired by Mayor Packard to look after his unaccountably abstracted wife whilst he goes out of town for a fortnight. The lady is unhappy, and the reason for her grave unhappiness is more serious than you think. A detective...
- Isabelle Sliford is a young girl who dreams of the books she reads and lives to read them. She sees life through the eyes of Brion, Shelley, Shakespeare and Dickens. George Gilbert, a handsome young doctor, sees that she and she are so different from the girls he knows, falling in love with her. He is pragmatic, and she is a dreamer of all that is beautiful, which causes the gulf between them.
- Allan’s Wife and Other Tales talks about the times of Allan Quatermain in South Africa. After all, there happened the most terrible events in the life of the main character. He lost his father there. Ultimately, we will know the fate of his wife. This will be one of the most challenging travels of Allan Quatermain.
- In this story, the couple can not find a common language. After all, the wife does not agree with the point of view of her husband. She is capricious and does not want to solve their problems. But then we find hints of a deeper history of their relationship, which can prove that it is more reasonable than we suspect. This is a simple story, but with a very deep meaning.
- „The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman” is a novel set in the era surrounding the days of women’s suffrage. The story revolves around the wife of a baking magnate who goes into hiding after his female employees go on strike. Although the hero of this novel Sir Isaac Harman didn’t think much of the suffragette movement, his female employees certainly did, and he thought it prescient that he too should do his...